- Passionate about teaching regional students
- Teach clinical dentistry and health promotion subjects
- Great regional location and relocation assistance available
- Continuing, Full Time (Part Time negotiable)
- $94,478 to $133,238 p.a. (plus 17% superannuation)
As Lecturer/ Senior Lecturer in Clinical Dentistry, you will actively engage in teaching, research and curriculum development in the School of Dentistry and Health Sciences.
You will contribute to/ provide academic leadership for the Bachelor of Dental Science course as well as contribute to curriculum and subject content development. Principal teaching duties will relate to clinical dentistry and health promotion, but some preclinical or biodental/diagnostic science subject teaching duties may be required.
As well as teaching into the relevant programs you will also carry out research and contribute to/lead subject administration. It will be expected that multiple teaching methods (face to face and online delivery) are utilised. To be successful you will have:
- A relevant qualification and clinical experience;
- Demonstrated evidence of eligibility for full registration as a dentist with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA), which may refer to a primary dental qualification obtained from Australia, Britain, Canada or New Zealand or an Australian Dental Council (ADC) certificate;
- A record academic achievement relevant to clinical dentistry, in the scholarship of teaching and/or research or professional activity;
- Demonstrated experience in teaching clinical dentistry and health promotion, as a lecturer, tutor, demonstrator or supervisor in a tertiary education institution; and
- Demonstrated evidence of leadership in an academic and/or clinical setting (for level C).
Charles Sturt University is a young and growing university committed to developing far-sighted people who help their communities grow and flourish. We make a significant contribution to the prosperity and vibrancy of our rural and regional communities, with a reach and impact across Australia and internationally. We work together with industry, communities and students to create new thinking, inspire each other and make a positive and progressive contribution to the world. The Faculty of Science
delivers flexible, innovative teaching programs
which provide graduates with the skills and knowledge to build a career, advance their profession and contribute to their community. We currently have more than 9000 students and over 500 staff dedicated to advancing scientific knowledge.
We are a leader in strategic and applied research
in a wide array of sciences. We enhance and extend knowledge, train and educate future researchers and provide scientific solutions to current challenges. We achieve this through ethical practice, professional collaborations, industry involvement and a commitment to continual improvement.
We also provide a range of health and other services to our regional communities through our enterprise
activities. The School of Dentistry and Health Sciences
is a multi-campus, academic unit. The School offers a suite of undergraduate and postgraduate courses both onshore and offshore in a range of health disciplines including: dentistry, oral health therapy and medical radiation science.
The School is committed to enhancing its reputation as a high performing multidisciplinary unit and seeks academics focused on providing quality education and being actively involved in the development of health professional education and health based research programs that complement these courses.
CSU offers a great work-life balance, professional development opportunities and generous financial benefits.
Charles Sturt University is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. Applications are encouraged from Indigenous Australians; people with a disability; women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles); people who identify as LGBTIQ; and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds. Application Requirements
Applicants are expected to apply online and address the selection criteria in the position description. If you experience difficulties applying online or for further information on completing the application process please visit our how to apply
page or contact us
. Further Information
Additional information is available in the position description(s) provided below:
or by contacting:
Professor Boyen Huang | Head, School of Dentistry and Health Sciences | Email: HOS-SDHS@csu.edu.au
| Ph: (02) 6365 7251 Closing Date: 11pm, 27 June 2019