- Collaborate with an internationally successful research team
- Work in state of the art scientific research, learning and teaching complex
- Great regional location and lifestyle
- Full Time, Fixed Term (up to December 2020)
- $94,478 to $112,099 p.a. (plus 17% superannuation)
- Wagga Wagga
Teaching/Research position requiring 10% teaching in the area of biochemistry and/or protein biochemistry and research and supervision of PhD and honours students in the area of structural biology and drug design (see: http://csusap.csu.edu.au/~jforwood/).
To be successful you will have:
- Doctoral or masters qualification in biochemistry, cell biology, biophysics or similar; and record of research achievement in biochemistry, cell biology, biophysics or similar;
- Demonstrated ability to deliver high-quality student-centred learning and teaching; AND
- Demonstrated capacity to work both collaboratively and independently in a large complex academic setting and to build strong partnerships, networks and relationships internally and externally to achieve professional and team objectives.
Charles Sturt University is a young and growing university committed to developing far-sighted people who help their communities grow and flourish. We make a significant contribution to the prosperity and vibrancy of our rural and regional communities, with a reach and impact across Australia and internationally. We work together with industry, communities and students to create new thinking, inspire each other and make a positive and progressive contribution to the world.
The Faculty of Science delivers flexible, innovative teaching programs which provide graduates with the skills and knowledge to build a career, advance their profession and contribute to their community. We currently have more than 9000 students and over 500 staff dedicated to advancing scientific knowledge.
We are a leader in strategic and applied research in a wide array of sciences. We enhance and extend knowledge, train and educate future researchers and provide scientific solutions to current challenges. We achieve this through ethical practice, professional collaborations, industry involvement and a commitment to continual improvement.
We also provide a range of health and other services to our regional communities through our enterprise activities.
The School of Biomedical Sciences is located across CSU's Wagga Wagga, Bathurst, Dubbo, Orange and Port Macquarie campuses and is committed to enhancing its reputation as a high performing multidisciplinary unit by having academics focused on providing quality education and being actively involved in a variety of medical, biotechnology and research based programs that complement these courses.
CSU offers a great work-life balance, professional development opportunities and generous financial benefits.
Charles Sturt University is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. Applications are encouraged from Indigenous Australians; people with a disability; women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles); people who identify as LGBTIQ; and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Applicants are expected to apply online and address the selection criteria in the position description. If you experience difficulties applying online or for further information on completing the application process please visit our how to apply page or contact us.
Additional information is available in the position description or by contacting:
Professor Jade Forwood | Professor in Biochemistry | email@example.com | Ph: (02) 6933 2317
Closing Date: 11pm, 22 April 2019