Leader, Education & Training - Disability Sector - [Archived Advertisement]
The Centre for Disability Studies Ltd. (View other jobs from this organisation)
Leader, Education & Training - Disability Sector
Leverage your extensive expertise in the disability sector to lead the delivery of training, education, curriculum development and partnerships.
The Centre for Disability Studies (CDS) is a not for profit research and education organisation that is affiliated with the University of Sydney. Our vision and mission is to create and disseminate knowledge that would improve the lives of people with disabilities. We achieve this through designing and developing research, teaching and clinical practice to inform disability policy and practice.
This is a hands on management position for our Education and Training pillar of activities providing leadership and growth to our Education and Training activities.
About the Role
As the successful candidate, you will undertake a range of activities which include:
- Leading, growing and coordinating the development, implementation and monitoring of our successful Education and Training Program.
- Providing leadership and strategic direction in curriculum development, implementation, evaluation and marketing of Education and Training.
- Develop and implement a strategic plan and marketing strategy for CDS' bespoke learning courses; VET & University learning; public seminars and workshops; desktop publications and webinars.
- Building and maintaining relationship networks with key stakeholders, including Universities and Corporates with a view to developing a broad delivery network nationally and internationally.
- Developing partnerships to develop and implement tailored learning programs.
- Managing all operational aspects of Training and Education delivery.
- Introduce and expand e-learning initiatives within CDS' offerings.
- Delivering learning and education programmes both individually and as part of a team.
The key qualities required by the successful applicant to effectively operate in the role are:
- A postgraduate degree in a social, community or disability services, education or allied health discipline at Masters level or above.
- Minimum 5 years training and education experience in social services sector.
- Excellent relationship building and influencing skills, with a proven ability to work effectively with stakeholders at all levels.
- Demonstrated experience in curriculum development.
- Demonstrated creative approach to content development and delivery.
- Proven leadership and staff management experience.
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills and project management skills.
- Independent travel interstate and overseas as required.
Please submit your application, including cover letter and resume outlining your qualifications and experience, online by 20 November 2018.
Applicants must have the legal right to work in Australia.
The recruitment for this position is being managed by Your HRmanager on behalf of CDS
- Closing Date:
- 20 Nov 2018
- NSW - Camperdown
- Work Type:
- Full Time