Amazing opportunity to bring your technology skills to the Melbourne Library Service
$64,783 plus 9.5% Superannuation (prorata)
Maximum Term Part Time Irregular Contract to 1 February 2025
We are the City of Melbourne, a place to be bold and inspirational.
We are rapidly transforming to meet the evolving challenges faced by a global city. With a vision of being a leading organisation for a leading capital city, our mission is to create positive impact for our community. Each day, we work with passion and purpose so that together we achieve incredible things.
Together we Make the Difference
How this position will Make the Difference to City of Melbourne…
As the Multimedia and Events Officer you will work closely with other members of the Melbourne Library Service to provide high quality library and information services to the community.
You will be responsible for the following key outcomes:
- Delivery of excellent customer services to library users
- Assisting in the provision of the City of Melbourne makerspace services and equipment, including digital designing, information assistance with library wide services, programs and events
- Provision of administrative support for library makerspace services, events, maintenance and operations
- Assisting in the support of technologies provided to users and staff by City of Melbourne Libraries.
We are looking for someone with attention to detail and flexibility with the ability to take on extra shifts at any library service point.
All positions within the Melbourne Library Service are not fixed at one location and may be required to relocate dependent on business needs.
You can bring… (Selection criteria)
- Ability to demonstrate and display City of Melbourne Values – accountability, integrity, courage, respect for self and others, and striving for excellence.
- Relevant qualification (e.g. Certificate 3 and above in multimedia, graphic design, programming or visual arts); and/or equivalent relevant experience.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) with high level literacy, numeracy and technology skills.
- Ability to engage with users and enhance their experience with the library service.
- Ability to effectively deal with challenging situations, resolve problems and diffuse potential conflict to deliver optimal outcomes.
- Ability to develop effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to trouble-shoot and utilise technology with an interest in emerging technologies, such as 3d Printing, Music and Video Production Software, Craft and sewing equipment, Graphic design Software, electronics and computer programming.
- Ability to support the delivery of effective technology training to all staff and customers.
- Demonstrated ability to provide services and programs to all sections of the community, including people from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds and people with disabilities.
By joining us, you will become part of a remarkable team who work in a constructive and inclusive culture to shape the future of this city. Together, we champion difference, celebrate achievement and recognise positive impact.
To view the physical requirements of this position, please see below under Position Information.
How to apply…
Please apply for the position via the City of Melbourne Careers Page, link below.
City of Melbourne - Mercury eRecruit
Please address your covering letter to Ben Kolaitis, Emerging and Creative Technologies Team Leader, Creative City.
Applications will be accepted up until 11:45pm Wednesday 3 February 2021
The position description for this role will not be provided at this stage of application.
For those interested in working with us, the City of Melbourne offers a great range of benefits. If you have any questions, or for more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
City of Melbourne is proud to be a workplace that champions diversity. Our commitment is for our people to be safe, included and supported so that they can be at their best. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from people regardless of their gender identity and expression, ethnicity, cultural background, sexual orientation, disability and age. We look for the right values, skills and knowledge to build our capabilities so that we can best deliver for our community.