$89,674 + 9.5% Superannuation
City of Melbourne is committed to supporting diversity, inclusion and flexibility. Applicants seeking flexible and part-time arrangements are encouraged to apply.
For more information on what it is like working with us at City of Melbourne please go to working with us at City of Melbourne
City of Melbourne recognises the value of the diversity and strength of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures to the heritage of all Australians and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply. You will be supported in your application via our Aboriginal Employment Team.
How this position will Make the Difference to City of Melbourne…
A team focused role, you will be responsible for providing daily support and guidance to the Event Operations Team in relation to event logistics and use of public open space in a local government environment.
Playing a vital position within the team, you will provide technical guidance to other team members and takes a proactive involvement in all aspects of team business. You will demonstrate this by supporting business continuity processes, upholding established conditions and operating frameworks, instigating the continuous review and improvement of process within the team and having an ‘ear on the ground’ approach to event and public space related trends as they arise.
You will be relied upon and expected to make sound recommendations to management and take a proactive, problem solving approach to issues as they arise. You will also lead team members in detailed discussions around event operations and will act as a mentor to less senior roles by coaching on more complex events in public space.
Bringing your strong communications and stakeholder skills, the role requires you to have ongoing internal and external stakeholder engagement and the ability to negotiate with all levels of management within the organisation. To be successful in this role, you will bring your can-do attitude and knowledgeable operational event delivery experience and skills.
You can bring… (Selection criteria)
- Ability to demonstrate and display City of Melbourne Values – accountability, integrity, courage, respect for self and others, and striving for excellence
- Demonstrated capacity to interpret and apply relevant legislation, regulations, local laws and operational event plans and effectively implement as required
- Ability to motivate, develop and lead personnel to achieve desired outcomes
- Ability to identify gaps and areas for improvement and take the necessary steps to address them
- Demonstrated understanding of risk management and mitigation strategies
- Well-developed interpersonal skills with ability to nurture and maintain effective internal and external stakeholder relationships and negotiate and analyse issues and resolve them in a consultative manner
- Commitment to customer service and proven ability to liaise effectively with customers to find the best possible outcomes for individual situations
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline, or an equivalent level of professional experience in the field
- Experience with the interpretation and application of statutory guidelines.
To view the physical requirements of this position, please see below under Position Information.
How to apply…
As part of the online application form you are required to:
- attach your resume
- attach a separate cover letter, responding to the selection criteria (no more than two pages), as listed above under ‘You can bring…’
Please address your covering letter to Linda Purves, Manager Event Operations
The position description for this role will not be provided at this stage of application.
The Advertised Close Date and other important information can be found on www.melbourne.vic.gov.au/careers.
City of Melbourne is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a safe working environment that embraces and values child safety, diversity and inclusion.
If you have a disability and require advice and support during the recruitment process, we encourage you to apply or contact us on the details listed below.