Project Manager - Policy, Research and Evaluation - [Archived Advertisement]
University of Technology Sydney (View other jobs from this organisation)
Project Manager – Policy, Research and Evaluation
Institute for Public Policy and Governance (IPPG)
UTS has a bold vision to be a world-leading university of technology. We are a dynamic and innovative university in central Sydney, consistently ranked the top young university in Australia. With a culturally diverse campus life and extensive international exchange and research programs, UTS prepares graduates for the workplaces of today and tomorrow.
The UTS Institute for Public Policy and Governance (UTS:IPPG) is an independent research institute focused on public policy, governance, social research, strategic planning, monitoring and evaluation and leadership. The Institute is a leader in public policy, governance, social research, strategic planning, monitoring and evaluation and leadership. The Institute also incorporates the UTS: Centre for Local Government, which is specifically committed to the advancement of local government policy and practice.
Currently, the Institute is recruiting for an experienced Project Manager to lead applied policy research and evaluation projects within the consultancy team.
A truly autonomous position, you will be tasked with securing work, managing and delivering a diverse set of innovative social research and consultancy projects ranging from $10K - $750K in value with line management responsibility for a team of research and consulting staff.
Day to day, you will have responsibility for:
- Securing external research funding through grant applications, competitive tendering and business development activities;
- Undertaking and supervising research projects and providing strategic advice to teams on methodology, scope, content and project direction;
- Developing, applying and evaluating innovative and collaborative internal processes and shared standards for ensuring high quality project outputs;
- Writing funding proposals and respond to commercial tender documents
- Understanding client needs and provide effective project delivery that leads to strong client relationships and repeat work;
- Liaising with funding agencies to obtain funding for identified research projects and business development ideas
- Undertake policy research and evaluation and leading project teams to design and complete high quality, innovative research and consultancy projects
- Secure external research funding to an agreed annual target through competitive tendering, grant applications, competitive tendering and business development activities
- Lead a number of project teams concurrently
- Ensure that the delivery of research is effective according to established matrices
- Manage the relationship with external clients and internal collaborators across UTS
- Mange the performance and development of less experienced team members
To be successful in securing this role you will have:
- High level research (qualitative and/or quantitative), analytical, problem solving and conceptual skills, including the capacity to form and justify recommendations, strategies and initiatives
- Demonstrated experience in leading and delivering complex social research, evaluation and public policy projects
- Demonstrated track record in successful competitive tendering in a commercial setting
- High level oral and written communication skills including experience in pitching for projects, facilitation, delivery of presentations and preparation of reports and publications
- Strong people skills and the ability to interact successfully with people ranging from community members, researchers, clients and senior executives in the public and private sector
- Strong team leadership skills and ability to deliver, oversee and manage all aspects of a research project including coordinating a team of dedicated research officers, project scoping, positioning and budgeting
Remuneration & Benefits
Base Salary Range: (SSS1). An attractive and competitive remuneration package will be offered.
This role attracts 17% superannuation in addition to the base salary. Employee benefits include flexible work practices, child care centres, generous parental leave and salary packaging opportunities.
This position is full-time and appointment will be made on a continuing basis
How To Apply
Prior to commencing your application for IRC107495, please review the Position Description and the relevant selection criteria - click on the apply link to be taken to the relevant page. You are required to address the selection criteria in your submission in a separate document.
Please note that only those applications submitted via the UTS online recruitment system will be accepted. Current UTS employees should apply through their UTS Employee Self Service function.
As you will be unable to save your application once started, please have all required documents and information available prior to commencing.
Please ensure that the file name for each document submitted includes IRC107495.
Specific enquiries or issues with your application may be directed to the UTS Recruitment Team at email@example.com or on +61 (0) 2 9514 1080.
Closing Date: 18th April 2018 at 11.59pm (AEST)
We are committed to diversity and social inclusion, evidenced by our WGEA Employer of Choice citation, Wingara Indigenous Employment Strategy and the UTS Access and Inclusion Plan. We welcome applications from women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles), Indigenous Australians, people with disability, those who identify as LGBTIQ and applicants from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
- Closing Date:
- 18 Apr 2018
- NSW - Sydney
- Work Type:
- Full Time
- Project Management