Director - People and Culture - [Archived Advertisement]
Scotch Oakburn College (View other jobs from this organisation)
Director - People and Culture
Scotch Oakburn College is an independent, open entry day and boarding school of approximately 1,240 students from Early Learning through to Year 12, in association with the Uniting Church in Australia. The College employs a team of 280 dedicated professional staff.
Our College has three campuses:
- Elphin Campus, located in the inner eastern suburbs of Launceston and home to our Junior School (Early Learning [3yrs] to Year 5) as well as our Boarding House of approximately 70 students who come to us from intrastate, interstate and international locations.
- Penquite Campus, located 2.5km from our Elphin Campus and home to our Middle School students (Years 6-8) and Senior School students (Years 9-12).
- Valley Campus, located in the Fingal Valley just over an hour’s drive from Launceston and the hub of our Education Outdoors and Environment Centre.
Scope of the Position:
The Director - People and Culture is a senior leadership position, with an overarching responsibility to lead the strategic human resources strategy of the College and support an ongoing positive staff culture for the College in accordance with the College’s mission, vision, values and philosophy.
The Director - People and Culture has whole of College strategic HR responsibilities with a direct dual reporting line to the Principal and Business Manager. The role forms part of the College Executive and provides strategic direction and advice to enable the College Executive to guide the College’s delivery of its Strategic Plan within its four key strands of Learning, Wellbeing, Community and Capacity.
The Director - People and Culture will work closely with the HR Team and College’s managers to provide strategic HR advice that supports efficient and effective people and business management; promoting a rewarding and high performance culture; and is compliant with the industrial frameworks and regulatory environment the College operates within.
It is essential the Director - People and Culture can demonstrate excellence in the understanding and application of Human Resources services and activities that support business needs, objectives, strategies, and challenges and is able to develop effective and cooperative relationships with staff and management to support and enable a productive and positive work environment.
The successful applicant must have demonstrated proficiency in:
- Management of a dynamic Human Resources staff team
- Oversight of the strategic capacity of the human resources of large and complex organisations, including the individual and collective growth and development of people and leadership capacity
- Succession planning for key strategic leadership delivery
- The support and development of positive staff culture within organisations
- End-to-end recruitment practices to align with an organisation’s values and culture
- Support and development of staff diversity consistent with organisations inclusion and diversity policies
- Policy development, implementation, review and maintenance
- Performance management and associated disciplinary actions
- Ensuring organisational staffing structures are consistent with the vision, mission and strategic plan of the organisation
- HR reporting and metrics
- Employment law and associated regulatory frameworks in support of strategic industrial relations management
Please visit our website employment page: www.soc.tas.edu.au/employment to view the full Position Description and to find out more about Scotch Oakburn College.
Applications addressing the Selection Criteria can be submitted via our APPLY ONLINE form by the closing date of Friday, 4 February 2022.
- Closing Date:
- 04 Feb 2022
- TAS - Launceston
- Work Type:
- Full Time
- HR/Recruitment/Change Management