James Cook University
Employment Type: Full-time
Duration: 3.5 years
Remuneration: The stipend is $30,000 p.a. tax-free and includes full tuition fee waiver and $5,000 project costs
Two fully funded PhD Scholarship is available for outstanding Domestic* candidates provided by Tom and Dorothy Cook in 1996 to James Cook University The scholarships are offered to higher degree research students in the field of Tropical Public Health research who have a principal focus in the Mackay region. The scholarship program aims to complement JCU's College of Public Health, Medical and Veterinary Science research strategy by:
- strengthening an existing area of research;
- building an area of potential research excellence; or
- attracting excellent personnel to health research.
- Commencing or considering an MPhil or PhD at JCU.
- Research project is related to Tropical Public Health field in the Mackay region.
- Meets the JCU’s admission requirements for MPhil or PhD
- Can be full time or part time students.
- In 2021 scholarships are open to domestic* applicants only.
- Those identifying as Australian Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander are highly encouraged to apply.
How to apply
Prospective applicants are asked to provide:
- Application Form
- a cover letter
- an up-do-date CV
- full academic transcript
- a research summary (up to two pages) including project background, proposed methodology and relevance to Mackay region.
- Details of two referees (email/address/contact number)
For general enquires please contact A/Prof Sue Devine at JCU firstname.lastname@example.org
Please do not apply via the Seek website. Any applications via the website will not be taken into consideration. Please apply on the JCU Scholarships page Applications close 16th August 2021.