Research Engagement and Project Officer - [Archived Advertisement]
Research Engagement and Project Officer
- Outstanding opportunity to contribute to the ACU Research Engagement Program
- HEW Level 6. Total Remuneration AUD $93,236 - $100,192
- Continuing Full-time, located at either our North Sydney or Melbourne campus
Australian Catholic University (ACU) is an inclusive community which welcomes students and staff of all beliefs. ACU has over 2,500 staff supporting more than 34,000 students across eight campuses – Adelaide, Ballarat, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, North Sydney, Strathfield and Rome. We've also partnered with Blacktown City Council to open a new ACU campus in Blacktown, Western Sydney, in 2021.
As valued members of our community, all staff members are expected to have an understanding of ACU's mission and values and to demonstrate an active contribution to them.
The Pro Vice-Chancellor, Engagement (PVCE) is responsible for the development and implementation of ACU’s Community Engagement Strategy that includes integration of community engagement into ACU’s curriculum across all Faculties; contribution and expansion of community stakeholder relationships; and broadening and deepening community engagement as a defining representation of the University’s mission. The PVCE is also responsible for the development and implementation of strategic frameworks that implement the measurement of research engagement and impact.
The Research Engagement and Project Officer will work closely with the Research Engagement Manager, and other staff within the University, to ensure that the University’s ARC Engagement and Impact Assessment processes are robust and deliver timely and comprehensive outputs. This position will develop and maintain efficient administrative and communication systems/processes to collect, enter and analyse information about ACU’s research engagement and impact, and assist with the implementation of research outcomes in the community. It will also provide support to the Stakeholder Engaged Scholarship Unit and other projects in ACU Engagement.
You will need to have:
- Completion of a graduate degree in business, statistics, or a relevant discipline with relevant training and experience in a large and complex organisation.
- High level planning and organisational skills, with the ability to manage a number of projects at one time, achieve required outcomes and meet deadlines in a high-pressure environment.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise initiative, to work independently, and to interact proactively, productively and constructively in a team environment.
- High level written communication skills including preparation and editing of draft documentation, with careful attention to detail.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively, forming positive relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders such as students and staff, external stakeholders and community groups.
- An understanding of the assessment of research performance in the higher education sector.
- Demonstrated experience in community engagement, action research, advocacy, or other community-based activities.
We value staff, offering excellent employment conditions and fostering work environments where you have the ability grow and develop.
As an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality we offer leading practice parental leave entitlements for both men and women, flexible work options and a range of generous leave options to assist with work-life balance.
How to Apply:
Obtain the Position Description. Applicants are expected to address all selection criteria listed in the position description. To apply for this role, click the "Apply" link below. Visit Hints and Tips on how to apply.
Total remuneration valued to $93,236 - $100,192 total remuneration pa, including salary component $78,786 - $84,664 pa (Higher Education Worker Level 6), employer contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
General enquiries can be sent toJeanine Parsons to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
Applications Close: 4 December 2019
ACU is committed to diversity and social inclusion in its employment practices. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse groups are encouraged.
- Closing Date:
- 04 Dec 2019
- Total remuneration valued to $93,236 - $100,192
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Research Assistants and Fellowships