CSIRO Postdoctoral Fellowship in Hybrid Post-Quantum Cryptography - [Archived Advertisement]
CSIRO Postdoctoral Fellowship in Hybrid Post-Quantum Cryptography
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation
- Do you have a PhD in Post-Quantum Cryptography?
- Want to conduct world class research and development with a team of dedicated professionals?
- Join CSIRO – Australia’s leading scientific research organisation!
CSIRO Early Research Career (CERC) Postdoctoral Fellowships provide opportunities to scientists and engineers who have completed their doctorate and have less than three years of relevant postdoctoral work experience. These fellowships aim to develop the next generation of future leaders of the innovation system.
This position falls within a new strategic investment into quantum technology at CSIRO called the Quantum Technologies Future Science Platform (QT-FSP). The Quantum Technologies FSP aims to establish and grow capacity in quantum technology research and development, and will become a portfolio of projects that build on CSIRO’s long-standing and deep domain expertise.
The successful candidate will be a part of the PQC Hybrid project within the FSP. The overall aim of the project is to utilise two approaches; Post-Quantum Cryptography (based on hard mathematical problems), and Quantum Key Distribution/Quantum Cryptography (based on physical principles), in the process of making networked systems quantum safe.
Your duties will include:
- Investigating algorithms, protocols, and implementations to integrate different approaches together to benefit from the technical advantages both of Post-Quantum Cryptography and Quantum Key Distribution.
- Carrying out innovative, impactful research on post-quantum cryptography (PQC) technology that will, where possible, lead to novel and important scientific outcomes.
- Recognising and exploiting opportunities of quantum cryptography (QC) for innovation and the generation of new theoretical perspectives, and progress opportunities for the further development or creation of new lines of research on hybrid PQC and QC
- Working collaboratively with colleagues within the team, FSP, and across CSIRO.
Location: Sydney, NSW
Salary: AU$89k - AU$98k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be considered you will need:
- A doctorate (or will shortly satisfy the requirements of a PhD) in a relevant discipline area, such as post-quantum cryptography. Please note: To be eligible for this role you must have no more than 3 years (full-time equivalent) of postdoctoral research experience.
- Knowledge of network security protocols such as TLS and IPsec.
- Knowledge of quantum computing, quantum algorithms and/or quantum key distribution is highly desirable.
For full details about this role please view the Position Description
To be eligible to work in CSIRO you must be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or either hold, or be able to obtain, a valid working visa.
Appointment to this role is subject to provision of a national police check and may be subject to other security/medical/character requirements.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
8 June 2022, 11:00pm AEST
- Closing Date:
- 08 Jun 2022
- NSW - Sydney
- AU$89k - AU$98k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
Research Assistants and Fellowships