CSIRO Postdoctoral Fellowship in Bioconjugation Chemistry - [Archived Advertisement]
CSIRO Postdoctoral Fellowship in Bioconjugation Chemistry
- Do you have a PhD in a relevant discipline area, such as Chemistry?
- Contribute to a range of bioconjugation projects with external commercial clients for the biomedical industry
- Join CSIRO – Australia’s leading scientific research organisation!
CSIRO Early Research Career (CERC) Postdoctoral Fellowships provide opportunities to scientists and engineers who have completed their doctorate and have less than three years of relevant postdoctoral work experience. These fellowships aim to develop the next generation of future leaders of the innovation system.
CSIRO Manufacturing is seeking to appoint a highly motivated Postdoctoral Fellow in the Biomedical Manufacturing Program in the area of bioconjugation chemistry. Working at the intersection of organic, polymer and protein chemistry, the candidate will have expertise in: synthetic organic chemistry, antibody bioconjugation, protein modification and protein purification, polymer chemistry, bioconjugation of small molecules and/or polymers to proteins, conjugation of small molecules to polymers. The successful candidate will be expected to deliver on a range of bioconjugation projects with external commercial clients for the biomedical industry with the potential to develop and learn new capabilities and expertise.
Your duties will include:
- Applying organic chemistry, bioconjugation chemistry, protein and polymer chemistry to prepare compounds and materials as required to deliver upon the research goals of the BU, to areas of science as guided by client projects and commercial work that comes into the Biomedical Manufacturing program.
- Recognising and exploiting opportunities for innovation and the generation of new theoretical perspectives, and progress opportunities for the further development or creation of new lines of research.
- Carrying out research investigations requiring originality, creativity and innovation.
- Recording, managing, and analysing data/information using relevant domain data science techniques.
- Proactively undertaking development to grow effective researcher capabilities to support career goals.
Location: Clayton, VIC
Salary: AU$88k - AU$96k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be considered you will need:
- A doctorate (or will shortly satisfy the requirements of a PhD) in a relevant discipline area, such as Chemistry. Please note: To be eligible for this role you must have no more than 3 years (or part-time equivalent) of postdoctoral research experience.
- Demonstrated expertise in synthetic chemistry.
- Demonstrated ability to perform protein chemistry, purification, and analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to perform conjugation of small molecules and/or proteins to polymers, including purification and analytical methods.
- The ability to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary, research team, plus the motivation and discipline to carry out autonomous research.
For full details about this role please view the Position Description
To be eligible to work in CSIRO you must be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or either hold, or be able to obtain, a valid working visa.
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent. Additional integrity checks may be required for specific roles which require security clearance for working with children, Australian Government cybersecurity requirements or other identified security roles.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
31 August 2021, 11:00pm AEST
- Closing Date:
- 31 Aug 2021
- VIC - Clayton
- AU$88k - AU$96k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
Research Assistants and Fellowships