Development & Alumnae Relations Coordinator - [Archived Advertisement]
Brisbane Girls Grammar School (View other jobs from this organisation)
Development & Alumnae Relations Coordinator
Brisbane Girls Grammar School is one of Australia’s leading girls’ schools, established in 1875 as one of Queensland’s original Grammar schools. An academically non-selective independent school, BGGS provides a broad, liberal education for 1420 girls in Years 7 to 12.
Girls Grammar strives to enrich girls’ lives through learning, establishing the educational foundation for young women to contribute confidently to their world with wisdom, imagination and integrity. The School’s curious, adventurous and principled students are nurtured by dedicated, expert staff, and supported by a community of parents, alumnae and friends that values the finest traditions and aspirations in education.
Full-time, ongoing position
Commencing January 2021
About the position
The Development & Alumnae Relations Coordinator supports the Director of Development & Alumnae Relations with the planning and implementation of the School’s major gifts and fundraising initiatives. The successful candidate will manage relationships with existing donors, cultivate new donors and explore opportunities to encourage a strong culture of philanthropy.
Success in this role will require proven fundraising and/or business development experience, matched with excellent interpersonal and communications skills, and the capacity to establish strong relationships. The ability to work well independently, and as part of a small and collaborative team, is vital.
This role involves a flexible approach to working hours, as there is a requirement to work some weekends and evenings at various events throughout the School year.
Key Accountabilities include:
- working with the Director of Development & Alumnae Relations (the Director) and the Alumnae Relations Manager to deliver the School’s fundraising and alumnae relations engagement strategies
- coordination and support of Development & Alumnae Relations projects, including assisting the Director with the cultivation and solicitation of donations
- in consultation with the Director, coordinating an effective Annual Giving Program in line with the School’s philanthropic priorities, including exploring and identifying opportunities, creating appeal content and collateral, and coordinating logistics for fundraising activities
- in consultation with the Director, coordinating the School’s donor stewardship program
- identifying and conducting prospect research and segmenting prospective donors, providing research reports as required
- in consultation with the Director, coordinating and delivering a range of events, such as Principal’s Briefings, donor stewardship events, Grammar Women reunions and panel discussions
- liaising with internal departments—in particular the Communications and Engagement and Facilities departments—to deliver a high standard of communication and events for donors and alumnae
- maintaining and updating all relevant client information in the School’s CRM system
- coordinating the receipt of donations, including preparation of tax receipts, correspondence and financial data entry
Qualifications and experience required:
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline such as Fundraising, Marketing or Communications
- Minimum of three years’ experience working within an established fundraising team or not-for-profit environment
- Highly developed relationship management, stakeholder development and donor account management skills
- A high level of integrity, diplomacy, discretion and confidentiality
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with demonstrated ability to draft professional correspondence for internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to enquiries
- Demonstrated technical competency across the Microsoft Office Suite, and advanced functionality in using a client relationship management (CRM) system
- Demonstrated skills to conduct prospect research and analyse client engagement
- Ability to acquire and maintain a Positive Working with Children Check (Blue Card)
Please submit applications via Seek by 9 am, Tuesday 8 December 2020.
For any enquiries, please contact Human Resources Manager, Ms Brigitte Bickham, via 07 3332 1307.
- Closing Date:
- 09 Dec 2020
- QLD - Brisbane
- Work Type:
- Full Time