Child Safe Advisor
Moreland City Council (View other jobs from this organisation)
Child Safe Advisor
- Salary - $100k - $112k + Super
- Part-Time (0.7 FTE)
- Permanent Ongoing Role
Moreland is a progressive council with 180,000 residents: one community, proudly diverse. Our city is vibrant and energetic, known for its active community, array of fabulous festivals, cool pools, eclectic shops and our community of artists and creative industries. As a Council, we’ve been supporting our community through difficult times, and our long term vision has ambitious goals for environmental sustainability, community wellbeing, and creating great places.
Moreland Council strives to be a contemporary, innovative and collaborative organisation with a deep commitment to engagement with, the Moreland community. With the Civic Centre located in Coburg, 8 kilometres north of Melbourne’s CBD, there are excellent public transport options and great food and cafés right at the doorstep. Moreland City Council is a great place to live, work and play.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are seeking a talented Child Safe Advisor to join our People & Safety team. This is a specialist role that will guide the organisation and support the community to ensure robust systems and processes are in place to protect the wellbeing of children and young people from physical, emotional harm and enhance their social and cultural wellbeing.
Reporting to the Coordinator Safety and Wellbeing, the successful candidate will have ownership of a diverse range
of Child safe responsibilities, including:
- The review and development of Child Safe policies, practices and Council's Child Safe Action Plan to ensure alignment with the Standards and the Reportable Conduct Schemes applicable regulatory requirements
- Educating and promoting the child safe program to staff across Council
- Monitoring Council’s progress on its Implementation Plan and ongoing compliance with the Child Safe Standards and Reportable Conduct Scheme
- Providing guidance and advice to the organisation and Child Safe Committee regarding the Child Safe Standards and Reportable Conduct Scheme
- Facilitating the investigation process for Child Safe Incidents. Whilst not being responsible for undertaking the investigations, you will be responsible for the planning and coordination of any reportable conduct investigations
RELEVANT QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM THIS ROLE
- Tertiary qualifications in Psychology/Social Work/Education or similar
- Substantial understanding of legislation, regulations, frameworks, policies and practices associated with Child Safety
- Good knowledge of child welfare/child protection arrangements and relevant legislation
- Previous experience working with children or young people and managing issues of child safety
- Experience in developing organisational policies and procedure frameworks
- Highly developed project management and administration skills
- High level interpersonal skills including the ability to influence and adapt to the audience
WHAT THIS ROLE CAN OFFER
- Extensive opportunities for training and career development
- Salary sacrifice options
- A real sense of work-life balance - Flexible Workplace
- Employer-supported study assistance schemes
- Wellness programs- free gym classes and social club
For further information please contact Anna Furlong on 0434 605 809.
Applications close: 5pm, 7 December 2021. (*in the case that we receive a high volume of applications we may close this advert before the closing date).
Before submitting an application please view the Position Description.
Moreland City Council is proudly diverse and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, people with disability, and people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity, age and ethnic background. Moreland City Council is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse.
- Closing Date:
- 07 Dec 2021
- VIC - Coburg
- $100k - $112k + Super
- Work Type:
- Part Time
Youth Work/Youth Services