Research Reporting, Analysis, Data and Systems (RRADS)
Deputy Vice-Chancellor Research Portfolio
Reference no. 2194/1118C
- Opportunity to provide conceptualisation, visualisation and production of high quality analysis and reports
- Full-time continuing
- Remuneration package: HEO8 $121Kp.a. which includes base salary, leave loading and up to 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
As part of the Research Reporting, Analysis, Data and Systems (RRADS) team within the Research Portfolio, the main purpose of the position is to provide conceptualisation, visualisation and production of high quality analysis and reports in order to support operational and strategic decision-making using research performance and productivity data. This role will also coordinate associated project work relating to the preparation and maintenance of the data that underpins the University research information systems and report writing in relation to the University strategy.
In this position, you will:
- produce high quality analysis and reports to support operational and strategic decision-making
- identify the current strengths and weaknesses of the research effort of the University
- design, develop, and maintain business intelligence solutions
- work across RRADS teams to coordinate the maintenance and preparation of data held in the university’s research information systems
- mentor and provide guidance to peers in terms of data science, visualisation and reporting.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance in recruiting talent aligned to these values in the pursuit of research excellence. We are looking for a Research Data Scientist who possesses:
- tertiary qualifications in a quantitative discipline and extensive relevant professional experience in a similar role
- excellent planning and organisational skills, and ability to manage projects and workflow by identifying and proactively addressing key issues as they arise
- superior analytical, visualisation and problem solving skills and capacity to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- superior skills in data science, data visualisation and data management tools (such as Tableau, Power BI, Shiny, Microsoft Azure ML, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), R, Python, SQL and Microsoft Office).
The University of Sydney is committed to continued improvement in its research performance, maintaining its leading role within Australia and improving its competitive position internationally in order to contribute to the economic, social and cultural well-being of Australia and the wider world. To realise this vision the University is implementing strategies that will attract and nurture the brightest researchers and support them to undertake research that makes an original contribution to knowledge or understanding. The University is focusing its research activities to create areas of critical mass and coordinate investment in key strategic areas; aligning its organisational structure to support capabilities in key disciplines and cross-disciplinary areas; and building capacity to undertake many different kinds of research translation including intellectual property protection and commercialisation.
Since our inception 160 years ago, the University of Sydney has led to improve the world around us. We believe in education for all and that effective leadership makes lives better. These same values are reflected in our approach to diversity and inclusion, and underpin our long-term strategy for growth. We’re Australia's first university and have an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence. Across our campuses, we employ more than 6,000 academic and non-academic staff who support over 60,000 students.
We are undergoing significant transformative change which brings opportunity for innovation, progressive thinking, breaking with convention, challenging the status quo, and improving the world around us.
How to apply
For more information on the position and University, please view the candidate information pack available from the job’s listing on the University of Sydney careers website.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number to apply.
Please note: visa sponsorship is not available for this position
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.