- Located at Australian Technology Park
- Full-time, fixed term for 3 years
- Base salary: $103K - $116K plus superannuation
About the opportunity
The goal of the ACRF Image-X Institute is to create, share and apply scientific knowledge to improve health by building new medical devices for cancer imaging and targeted radiotherapy. The Institute’s aims are to (1) Revolutionise cancer imaging, (2) Pioneer functionally targeted radiotherapy and (3) Enable global access to cancer radiotherapy. The Institute links technological innovation with cancer research and treatment, providing a site and forum where academia, medicine, industry and government can advance science and clinical practice.
We are currently seeking an Institute Manager who will:
- contribute to the strategic direction setting, management and promotion of the ACRF Image X Institute
- support engagement with current and future partners and collaborators
- be the point of contact for the engagement of the many internal and external stakeholders of the Institute, including across the three performance sites: University of Sydney, Ingham Institute and Nelune Cancer Centre
- have strengths in scientific organisation, commercialisation, communication, fundraising and public relations.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance of recruiting talent aligned to these values and are looking for an Institute Manager who has:
- qualifications in a relevant discipline coupled with strong management, coordination and administrative experience in a research environment
- sound leadership abilities including conflict resolution, motivational and decision-making skills
- experience in the provision of strategic support and advice on policies and procedures, and in the development of policies and procedures
- ability to build partnerships between research, business and government-based communities
- excellent written communication skills including the ability to communicate to academic and non-academic audiences
- excellent project management and organisational skills
- highly developed analytical and problem-solving skills used to deliver project outcomes and to achieve organisational strategic objectives
- excellent interpersonal, consultation and negotiation skills with a proven ability to advise, influence and build trust with internal and external stakeholders.
Experience in fundraising and development activities and an understanding of NHMRC as well as State and Federal competitive research funding will be highly regarded.
The ACR Image X Institute is a world-leading centre for basic and translational medical innovation. Our work focuses on radiation oncology imaging and targets radiotherapy systems.
The ACRF Image X Institute provides a site and forum where academic, medicine, industry and government can advance the science and clinical practice of cancer treatment.
For further information please refer to: http://sydney.edu.au/medicine/image-x/
Since our inception 160 years ago, the University of Sydney has led to improve the world around us. We believe in education for all and that effective leadership makes lives better. These same values are reflected in our approach to diversity and inclusion and underpin our long-term strategy for growth. We’re Australia's first university and have an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence. Across our campuses, we employ over 7600 academic and non-academic staff who support over 60,000 students.
We are undergoing significant transformative change which brings opportunity for innovation, progressive thinking, breaking with convention, challenging the status quo, and improving the world around us.
How to apply
For more information on the position and University, please view the candidate information pack available from the job’s listing on the University of Sydney careers website.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number 1451/0718F to apply.
Closing date: 11.30pm 20 August 2018
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.