Sydney Institute for Astronomy, School of Physics
Faculty of Science
Reference no. 783/0418F
- Opportunity to be part of a major partnership with industry undertaking cutting edge research in Physics
- Part-time, Fixed Term for 3 years, Located at Camperdown Campus
- Base Salary: $82,098 p.a. Level 6, plus leave loading and a generous employer’s contribution to superannuation.
About the opportunity
The Centre Admin Support provides high level administrative and executive support to the Node leader(s) of the ARC Centre of Excellence for All Sky Astrophysics in 3 Dimensions (ASTRO 3D), to oversee day-to-day administrative activities and to ensure the smooth running of the ASTRO 3D projects. This role will also provide support to the Sydney Institute for Astronomy (SIfA).
This appointment will be for 3 years as a part-time position (0.5 FTE), a possible extension of up to 4 years. ASTRO 3D and SIfA supports a flexible working environment.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance of recruiting talent aligned to these values and are looking for an Centre Administration Support who possesses:
- Tertiary qualifications (or equivalent experience) in Business Administration
- High level ability to analyse problems, identify and set priorities and achieve goals with minimal supervision and general direction for outcomes. Excellent time management skills, the ability to set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Excellent organisational and communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to liaise effectively with a wide range of academic and professional staff, students and external professionals.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise initiative and judgement. Ability to identify problems and recommend solutions.
- Excellent information technology skills, including email, internet, intranet, databases, Macintosh OSX software and the Microsoft Office suite.
- Demonstrated ability to accurately and efficiently prepare financial reports and to analyse, review and interpret report. Accuracy, numeracy and attention to detail.
- Experience in managing diaries, meetings, travel and expenses, as well as event management skills.
- Demonstrated experience in working both independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to update and maintain a website.
Please refer to the Candidate Information Pack on the University Careers website, for a detailed Position Description. To be considered, it is essential that you upload a resume and address the online selection criteria.
The ARC Centre of Excellence for All-sky Astrophysics in 3 Dimensions (ASTRO 3D) is based at the Australian National University in Canberra, and the University of Sydney is a node within the Centre. ASTRO 3D is a research partnership between The Australian National University, The University of Sydney, The University of Melbourne, Swinburne University of Technology, Curtin University and The University of Western Australia, the latter two operating as the joint venture, International Centre for Radio Astronomy Research (ICRAR). ASTRO3D is also collaborating closely with the Australian Astronomical Observatory, CSIRO, and other Australian and international partners. ASTRO3D supports the activities of over 150 researchers, administrative staff and students.
Since our inception 160 years ago, the University of Sydney has led to improve the world around us. We believe in education for all and that effective leadership makes lives better. These same values are reflected in our approach to diversity and inclusion, and underpin our long-term strategy for growth. We’re Australia's first university and have an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence. Across our campuses, we employ over 6000 academic and non-academic staff who support over 60,000 students.
We are undergoing significant transformative change, which brings opportunity for innovation, progressive thinking, breaking with convention, challenging the status quo, and improving the world around us.
For more information on the position and University, please view the candidate information pack available from the job’s listing on the University of Sydney careers website.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number 783/0418F to apply.
Closing date: 11:30pm 10 June 2018
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
If we think your skills are needed in other areas of the University, we will be sure to contact you about other opportunities.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.