Faculty of Health Sciences
Reference no. 555/0317
- Be valued for your exceptional project management experience
- Full time, fixed term for 1 year with the possibility of further 2 year extension based at Cumberland Campus
- Remuneration package $119K – $134K which includes leave loading and 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
Reporting to Professor Joshua Burns, the successful candidate will provide overall project management and guidance to the Musculoskeletal Health Leaders, coordinating the implementation and delivery of a broad range of activities and tasks across the University in order to meet established milestones and deliverables. Managing and overseeing project organisation such as developing the project organisation structure, the project charter, workforce plans and project processes and resources required to support implementation. Developing and embedding project governance and reporting to ensure progress is monitored and risks mitigated. Managing stakeholders and communications, ensures effective collaboration and team work with other Musculoskeletal Health research teams and stakeholders across the University.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance in recruiting talent aligned to these values in the pursuit of research excellence. We are looking for a Project Manager who possesses:
- Postgraduate qualifications relevant to Musculoskeletal Health and/or extensive relevant work experience, preferably in project management and managing complex project
- Sound understanding and consistent application of project management competencies including scope, time, cost, quality, HR, communications, risk, procurement and integration
- Experience project managing multiple work streams, or leading large complex projects and ability to work according to strict deadlines and manage various demands.
- Experience managing a diverse group of key internal/external stakeholders on large or complex projects.
The Project Manager will be based at the Cumberland Health Sciences campus (Lidcombe) and be required to work across other key University campuses: Westmead Precinct, Royal North Shore Hospital (St Leonards),King George V (Camperdown), and with LHDs via Sydney Health Partners
Since our inception 160 years ago, the University of Sydney has led to improve the world around us. We believe in education for all and that effective leadership makes lives better. These same values are reflected in our approach to diversity and inclusion, and underpin our long-term strategy for growth. We’re Australia's first university and have an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence. Across 9 campuses, we employ over 7600 academic and non-academic staff who support over 47,000 students.
We are undergoing significant transformative change which brings opportunity for innovation, progressive thinking, breaking with convention, challenging the status quo, and improving the world around us.
For more information on the position and University, please view the candidate information pack available from the job’s listing on the University of Sydney careers website.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number to apply.
Closing date: 5pm 26 April 2017
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
If we think your skills are needed in other areas of the University, we will be sure to contact you about other opportunities.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.