Deputy Vice-Chancellor Education Portfolio/Educational Innovation
Reference no. 305/0217
- Be valued for your exceptional knowledge and experience in shooting video and camera operation
- Opportunity to utilize your high level media production expertise
- Full-time, fixed term for 5 months
About the opportunity
The Education Portfolio is responsible for curriculum related matters across the university including learning analytics relating to student learning and satisfaction, academic staff professional development, student academic enrichment activities, programs that facilitate educational innovation and recognise teaching excellence.
About the role
The Learning Media Producer position sits within Educational Innovation team, within the University’s Education portfolio, and supports research, teaching and learning through the production and delivery of a broad range of quality online learning media.
This role is instrumental in supporting DVC Education Portfolio and the university community to achieve its strategic online education objectives through the creation of quality audio and video content. The position utilises production tools, frameworks, work-flows and processes to ensure the provision of technology advice, media resources and support to university schools and faculties.
Position duties include:
- producing creative video, audio and new media content to support research and learning
- employing specialised technical operations e.g. camera operating and editing to produce quality audio, video and new media content
- providing advanced digital production and post-production expertise
- creating video production scoping documents, story-boards, scripts, shot-lists and call-sheets
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance in recruiting talent aligned to these values in the pursuit of research excellence. We are looking for a Learning Media Producer who possesses:
- extensive knowledge of audio and video production hardware and software
- expertise in the production and delivery of a range of high quality video and audio
- high level skills and experience in shooting video and camera operation
- ability to work in a complex and challenging environment
Since our inception 160 years ago, the University of Sydney has led to improve the world around us. We believe in education for all and that effective leadership makes lives better. These same values are reflected in our approach to diversity and inclusion, and underpin our long-term strategy for growth. We’re Australia's first university and have an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence. Across 9 campuses, we employ over 7600 academic and non-academic staff who support over 47,000 students.
We are undergoing significant transformative change which brings opportunity for innovation, progressive thinking, breaking with convention, challenging the status quo, and improving the world around us.
All staff employed by the University of Sydney must have the right to work in Australia. An employer visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information on the position and University, please view the candidate information pack available from the job’s listing on the University of Sydney careers website.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number to apply.
Closing date: 11:30pm 27 March 2017
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
If we think your skills are needed in other areas of the University, we will be sure to contact you about other opportunities.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.