Community Engagement Coord
City of Sydney (View other jobs from this organisation)
Community Engagement Coord
Division: CITY ENGAGEMENT
Unit: COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT
Section: COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT
Salary: AUD 102,424 per annum plus Superannuation (Remuneration stated is for the full-time position)
Employment status: Term Contract until June 2018
Employment arrangement: Full time
Location: Sydney CBD
Option to work under a 19 day month arrangement
At the City of Sydney our people are our most important asset and central to achieving our exciting and ambitious Sustainable Sydney 2030 - developing a green, global and connected city.
We are looking for an experienced Community Engagement Co-ordinator to support new and upgraded walking and cycling projects and programs in the City of Sydney.
The successful applicant will:
- Have excellent customer service skills
- Be skilled in drafting engagement plans
- Have clear communication skills and experience drafting community notification letters, web copy and correspondence, surveying, collating community submissions and liaising with members of the community to ensure projects are clearly understood
- Have experience in monitoring and evaluating community feedback
- Be confident in developing and maintaining relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders
- Work with project teams to develop projects and provide opportunities for meaningful public feedback and participation
- Support reporting including drafting mayoral reports and project updates, calculating and assessing KPI's, aiding with procurement procedures, reporting on project progress and supporting project teams on all other reporting requirements
- Assisting in planning and implementing community engagement related events, including logistics and attendance at events to talk to the community and capture feedback about the City's programs and projects
- Be an active and enthusiastic team player
Do you want to part of something challenging and rewarding? Are you passionate about serving our community? The City of Sydney might be the right career move for you.
To apply: Click on 'Apply' button below to complete your online application. Please upload your current resume and address the essential criteria (selection criteria) as stated within the position description that demonstrates how you meet the requirements of this role. This role will require a pre-employment health declaration.
Position description: CLICK HERE to view or download the position description.
Applications must be made online via the City's website by Thursday, 22 February 2018.
For further information contact: Leanne Bridges, Manager Community Engagement on 02 9265 9617.
Employee Benefits: CLICK HERE for more information on the benefits of working in Council.
At the City we provide equal employment opportunity. We are committed to ensuring an accessible and inclusive work environment and encourage applications from people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Closing Date:
- 22 Feb 2018
- NSW - Sydney
- AUD 102,424 per annum plus Superannuation (Remuneration stated is for the full-time position)
- Work Type:
- Community/Public sector