Finance Business Partner - [Archived Advertisement]
Goulburn-Murray Water (View other jobs from this organisation)
Goulburn-Murray Water (GMW) is Australia’s largest rural water corporation responsible for storing, managing and delivering water across most of northern Victoria. GMW provides more than 39,000 services to about 25,000 customers in its operating region.
About the role
This is a 12 month+ Fixed Term position to fill a parental leave position and join the Finance team located in the Business and Finance Division based in Tatura, regional Victoria. Reporting to the Senior Finance Business Partner for Water Delivery and Water Storages this role is responsible for the financial support of dedicated business units but as part of the wider Business Partner team will help the finance team to deliver the following:
- Financial support and advice to your customer groups supporting them to understand their financial results, budgets and forecasts
- Coordinate the delivery of annual budgets, quarterly forecasts including five year Corporate Plan financial forecasts and Water Plan financial forecasts
- Work closely with Senior Business Partner to provide support across their areas of the business
- Work closely with the financial accounting team to support their delivery of monthly financial results to the Executive Leadership team and Board.
If you have sound technical accounting knowledge and great customer service skills this is an opportunity to be visible and support a diverse group of customers.
What do you need?
- Mandatory – Bachelor in Accounting or other relevant Business or Commerce degree
- Desired – Relevant experience in related roles
- Desired – Full CA / CPA / ACCA / CIMA status, with post qualification experience
- Experience in financial and general business analysis
- Demonstrated experience collaborating across various groups and functions
- Demonstrated experience interpreting, explaining and driving finance performance
- Experience providing management reporting to support the operational performance and strategic decisions by providing evidence-based data
- Excellent communication skills
- Sense of urgency and accountability to meet all reporting and compliance deadlines
- Adaptable and flexible
- Agile, inclusive and responsible culture is the foundation of our organisation where people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their careers.
- GMW are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full potential, while valuing and respecting them as individuals.
- GMW offer flexible working and are always open to discussing your individual needs so that you get to create your own experience with us.
- Great time to make the move to regional Victoria for a different lifestyle, career opportunities and challenge.
For more information or to view the position description please visit our website.
Applications close on 12 July 2022. To apply for this role please complete the GMW application form provided on our careers page and email together with a copy of your current CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In accordance with Chief Health Officer Directions, all employees need to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and be required to provide evidence of their vaccination status. All candidates that are recommended for appointment will be required to provide evidence they meet the vaccination criteria.
GMW is an equal opportunity employer supporting diversity and inclusion in the workplace. GMW encourages people with diverse backgrounds, experience and perspectives to apply.
- Closing Date:
- 12 Jul 2022
- VIC - Shepparton
- Work Type:
- Full Time