People and Culture Coordinator - [Archived Advertisement]
Firbank Grammar School (View other jobs from this organisation)
People and Culture Coordinator
Are you a skilled and dedicated HR professional with a passion for fostering a positive workplace culture in an educational setting? Firbank Grammar, renowned for its commitment to excellence in education, is seeking a People and Culture Coordinator to join our team.
If you are enthusiastic about driving People and Culture initiatives, improvements and systems, we invite you to embark on this exciting journey with us. Join Firbank Grammar School and play a pivotal role in shaping the future of education while advancing your HR career!
(Please refer to the Position Description linked below for a detailed list of Key Responsibilities)
- Coordinating and administering end-to-end recruitment processes for staff.
- Providing advice to staff regarding conditions of employment, Firbank Grammar Agreement, employee lifecycle processes, leave management, polices and processes.
- Identifying opportunities, and assisting in the improvement, development, and implementation, of systems and processes, policies and procedures for all People and Culture functions.
- Personnel record management, ensuring the privacy and confidentiality of sensitive information and documentation.
- Assisting the Director of People and Culture and Risk and Compliance Manager with training administration and the coordination of Committee Meetings.
Qualifications and Experience
- Relevant tertiary Human Resources qualifications and/or lesser formal qualifications with work skills and significant relevant experience
- Working with Children Check
- Knowledge and experience in the administration, implementation and development of HR systems, practices and processes
- Understanding of industry relevant industry Awards and Fair Work Act
Skills and Attributes
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills with the proven ability to build trust, rapport and cooperate working relationships at all levels
- Commitment to customer service and outcomes focused
- Capacity to consistently demonstrate a high level of initiative
- Strong research and analytic skills
- The ability to deal effectively with a range of situations and personalities
- The ability to use initiative and judgement when necessary
- Discretion and ability to maintain confidentiality
About Firbank Grammar School
For more than 110 years Firbank Grammar has been at the forefront of teaching and learning, providing exceptional education and outstanding opportunities to its students. We offer world-class learning programs, activities and facilities to give our students the very best launchpad into the future.
As a leading independent school in Melbourne, our students consistently achieve academically and in their co-curricular pursuits and are a part of a vibrant community that supports excellence.
Firbank Grammar is committed to ensure all relevant Child Protection and Safety laws, Ministerial Orders, regulations and standards in Victoria are upheld.
Why join Firbank?
- Inclusive and supportive culture
- Fantastic opportunity to work in a highly regarded independent school in Brighton
- Access to professional development
- Onsite cafe and use of swimming pool facilities
- Salaries and packages paid well above Award level
- Onsite parking ‘lottery’ available
- Close to public transport
- 12 month ‘Life Leave’ opportunities
- Four weeks Annual Leave
- Six days ‘free annual leave’ on set calendar days
- Three weeks of Personal Leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid parental and partner leave schemes
- Staff social groups and events
- Staff discounts for incredible School productions
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact our HR Department at email@example.com, quoting Ref No. 1134549.
Applications close - 25 October 2023
- Closing Date:
- 25 Oct 2023
- VIC - Brighton
- Work Type:
- Full Time
- HR/Recruitment/Change Management