Research Officer - [Archived Advertisement]
James Cook University (View other jobs from this organisation)
James Cook University (JCU) is creating a brighter future for life in the Tropics and beyond, through education and research that makes a difference locally and globally.
We now have an exciting opportunity for a Research Officer to join our team.
- Parttime 18hrs per week
- Fixed term until December 2025
- Based at our picturesque Cairns Nguma-bada campus (negotiable)
- Academic Level A: $73,551 - $98,283 (pro rata) plus up to 17% superannuation contributions, leave loading and generous employee benefits
WHAT YOU CAN ACCOMPLISH IN THE ROLE
Your role will play a pivotal part in conducting research to elevate textual and bibliographical data within the context of Australian literature and culture, with a specific focus on regionalism. Your project management skills will shine as you develop and maintain project schedules and other relevant documentation including monitoring reporting requirements and providing secretarial support. Your exceptional ability to deliver high-quality research results, including comprehensive literature reviews, within tight timelines will be instrumental, as you work collaboratively within our vibrant, interdisciplinary, and multi-institutional research ecosystem. If you're ready to make an impact in the world of Australian literary and cultural studies, we invite you to join us on this exciting journey.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO THE ROLE
- A doctoral degree (or submission of) in literature studies, librarianship or a similar discipline, or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
- Demonstrated experience working in a research environment preferably in Australia literary / historical / or cultural studies.
- Demonstrated familiarity with research methods and reference sources in literary studies and cultural history, including relevant databases, with the ability to write high-quality research publications for peer-reviewed journals.
- Ability to work with internal and external partners using a variety of communication channels.
- A demonstrated ability to secure competitive funding and support funding applications.
- An interest in the Digital Humanities or related areas.
JCU offers a culturally diverse working environment with opportunities for professional and personal growth – working under the values of Authenticity, Excellence, Integrity, and Respect. We support our people through the provision of;
- A generous superannuation scheme with up to 17% employer contributions with UniSuper
- 5 weeks of annual recreation leave
- Annual leave loading
- Cash out annual leave and time in lieu options
- 15 days paid sick/carers leave per year
- Up to 6 months paid parental leave
- 36.25-hour full-time working week
- Flexible working options
- Attractive options for salary packaging
- Staff study assistance and paid study leave
- Ongoing professional development support
- Career enhancement opportunities
- Fitness Passport
- Access to online media subscriptions
- Corporate discount on health insurance
- Free Employee Assistance Program (coaching and counselling)
HOW TO APPLY
Ready to embark on this exciting journey? Visit the Careers at JCU website and submit your application online.
Vacancy Reference Number 18611
Applications close 15th October 11.59pm
James Cook University encourages people from all backgrounds who meet role requirements to apply. We value and celebrate the diversity of our community and are committed to ensuring our learning and working environment is safe and welcoming.
- Closing Date:
- 15 Oct 2023
- QLD - Cairns
- $73,551 - $98,283
- Work Type: