Contracts and Intellectual Property Officer - [Archived Advertisement]
James Cook University (View other jobs from this organisation)
James Cook University (JCU) is creating a brighter future for life in the Tropics and beyond, through education and research that makes a difference locally and globally.
We now have an exciting opportunity for a Contracts and Intellectual Property Officer to join our Research and Innovation team. This fulltime continuing role is based at our Townsville Bebegu Yumba campus in picturesque tropical North Queensland. Remuneration is $91,403 - $101,074 plus up to 17% superannuation contributions, leave loading and generous employee benefits.
WHAT YOU CAN ACCOMPLISH IN THE ROLE
In this role, you'll have the exciting responsibility of crafting, reviewing, and negotiating research-related agreements and intellectual property arrangements to ensure optimal outcomes. Your expertise will be key in mitigating contractual risks and maintaining meticulous contract records, safeguarding our University's interests.
As a vital contributor to our research strategic plans, you'll manage patent data and reports, oversee IP licensing and will drive commercialization efforts. Your communication skills will shine as you keep stakeholders informed and engaged in research contracting activities, providing accurate and compliant information. You’ll continuously enhance our contract administrative processes to ensure they're efficient and compliant with all relevant legislation.
If you're passionate about research and contracts, join us and make a profound impact on our academic community's success!
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO THE ROLE
- Degree qualifications and relevant experience or extensive technical, administrative or managerial experience.
- Proven contract management experience with an ability to provide high-quality client services in relation to the review and negotiation of contracts, agreements and consultancies and intellectual property arrangements.
- Significant organisational and time management skills, with the ability to manage own workflow and prioritise to ensure deadlines and targets are met.
- High level critical thinking and problem-solving skills with a proven ability to make decisions.
- Demonstrated high level written and verbal communication skills with proven ability to maintain highly effective working relationships, including demonstrated ability to consult and liaise with staff from all levels of university and external parties.
JCU offers a culturally diverse working environment with opportunities for professional and personal growth – working under the values of Authenticity, Excellence, Integrity, and Respect. We support our people through the provision of;
- A generous superannuation scheme with up to 17% employer contributions with UniSuper
- 5 weeks of annual recreation leave
- Annual leave loading
- Cash out annual leave and time in lieu options
- 15 days paid sick/carers leave per year
- Up to 6 months paid parental leave
- 36.25-hour full-time working week
- Flexible working options
- Attractive options for salary packaging
- Staff study assistance and paid study leave
- Ongoing professional development support
- Career enhancement opportunities
- Fitness Passport
- Access to online media subscriptions
- Corporate discount on health insurance
- Free Employee Assistance Program (coaching and counselling)
- Well-equipped facilities including an on-campus childcare centre and primary school, cafes, hairdresser, post office, medical centre and gym.
- Balance of work and life so you can enjoy a lifestyle that supports a diverse range of leisure and sporting interests.
HOW TO APPLY
Ready to embark on this exciting journey? Visit the Careers at JCU website and submit your application online.
Vacancy Reference Number 18607
Applications close 15 October 11.59pm
- Closing Date:
- 15 Oct 2023
VIC - Townsville
QLD - Townsville
NSW - Townsville
WA - Townsville
NT - Townsville
ACT - Townsville
SA - Townsville
TAS - Townsville
- $91,403 - $101,074
- Work Type:
- Full Time