Software Engineer - [Archived Advertisement]
James Cook University (View other jobs from this organisation)
Creating a brighter future for life in the Tropics and beyond, through education and research that makes a difference locally, and globally, James Cook University (JCU) is looking to appoint two (2) Software Engineers.
- 1 x Full time, continuing role
- 1 x Full time, fixed term role until 20 December 2024
- Based at our Bebegu Yumba campus in Townsville or the Cairns Nguma-bada campus
- HEWL 7: $86,368 - $95,805 + 17% superannuation + 5.5% pay increase after 1st July 2023
WHAT YOU CAN ACCOMPLISH IN THE ROLE
Joining a dynamic team of professionals, you will provide expert technical support to develop and implement innovative software solutions that will enhance technology enabled learning, teaching, research and support services across the University. Utilising developed customer service skills and technical expertise, you will support clients and stakeholders to ensure optimal business outcomes for both JCU and the customer are achieved.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO THE ROLE
- Experience in the design, implementation and management of complex application and integration technologies.
- Knowledge and understanding of frameworks and best practice design patterns with the ability to maintain appropriate levels of documentation.
- Proven ability to prepare high quality enterprise application and integration models, system documentation and complex technical specifications.
- Well-developed communication skills with the ability to liaise effectively with stakeholders at all levels.
- Significant organisational, problem solving and administrative skills, with the ability to prioritise and meet competing deadlines in a complex work environment.
- Ability to work under broad supervision to deliver quality performance outcomes and contribute to business improvement initiatives.
Whilst not mandatory, it would be advantageous to have the following additional experience:
- Experience with mobile and/or web application development in both iOS and Android.
- Experience with a cross-platform application framework, particularly Flutter.
- Experience with a backend cloud service, particularly Firebase and Google Cloud Platform.
- Experience in the use of Golang and gRPC services.
- Exposure to working in the Higher Education environment.
JCU offers a culturally diverse working environment with opportunities for professional and personal growth. Employee wellbeing is at the core of our values, and we support our people through the provision of flexible working conditions and many other exclusive benefits including;
- A generous superannuation scheme with up to 17% employer contributions with UniSuper
- 5 weeks of annual recreation leave
- 15 days of paid sick/personal/carers leave per year
- Flexible working options
- Attractive options for salary packaging
- Fitness Passport
- Employee Assistance Program
- Professional development support
- Access to online media subscriptions
- Corporate discount on health insurance premiums
- Well-equipped campus facilities including medical, cafes, gym and childcare.
- Balance of work and life so you can enjoy a lifestyle that supports a diverse range of leisure and sporting interests.
HOW TO APPLY
We'd love to hear from you! Click on Apply now and you will be redirected to the JCU Careers website.
Apply for Vacancy Reference Number 18456
Applications close 22 June at 11.59pm.
Please specify your first and second preference for either a continuing or fixed term role in your cover letter. If you do not wish to be considered for both roles, please state this in your cover letter.
James Cook University encourages people from all backgrounds who meet role requirements to apply. We value and celebrate the diversity of our community and are committed to ensuring our learning and working environment is safe and welcoming.
- Closing Date:
- 22 Jun 2023
- QLD - Townsville
- $86,368 - $95,805 + 17% superannuation + 5.5% pay increase after 1st July 2023
- Work Type:
- Full Time