- Integrated Kindergarten program in long daycare
- Permanent, full-time position
- Employee discounts program/Optional ADO
- Excellent work conditions including paid staff meetings
- $82,099 plus 10.5% Superannuation
We are the City of Melbourne, a City of possibility and place to be bold and inspirational.
We are rapidly transforming to meet the evolving challenges faced by a global city. With a vision of being a leading organisation for a leading capital city, our mission is to create positive impact for our community. Each day, we work with passion and purpose so that together we achieve incredible things.
Together we Make the Difference
How this position will Make the Difference to City of Melbourne…
The Kindergarten Teacher (Bachelor) provides high quality education and care for children accessing the service. The Teacher in this position will be guided by the Educational Leader, and shares responsibility for ensuring that the program reflects current best practice, and meets the individual needs of each child participating in the program. Programs will be informed by ‘Belonging, Being and Becoming’ Early Years Learning Frameworks.
Currently positions are located across 2 of the CoM managed Children’s Centres. These being; Lady Huntingfield Early Learning and Family Services Centre and North Melbourne Children’s Centre. All services are open 7.30am to 6.00pm with shifts allocated to meet service requirements.
What you will bring…
- Ability to demonstrate and display City of Melbourne Values – accountability, integrity, courage, respect for self and others, and striving for excellence.
- Approved tertiary qualification to degree or post-graduate level Early Childhood Education (4 year equivalent)
- Considerable experience working in an Early Childhood Services environment
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of the National Quality Framework, which includes the National Quality Standards, Early Years Learning Framework, Regulations and Kindergarten Funding Guidelines
- Highly developed interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to work effectively with children, families and staff
- Capability to engage ethically, and respect the diversity and abilities of children and families
- Demonstrate self-motivation and initiative in day to day work and problem solving
- Ability to liaise with, support and maintain a reciprocal relationship with the educational leader and management team
- Provide leadership in programming across the whole centre
- Must have a current VIT registration
- Current Level 2 First Aid, Anaphylaxis and Asthma certificates that appear on the ACECQA approved qualification list.
- Willingness to take on responsibility of certified supervisor.
By joining us, you will become part of a remarkable team who work in a constructive and inclusive culture to shape the future of this city. Together, we champion difference, celebrate achievement and recognise positive impact.
To view the physical requirements of this position, please see below under Position Information.
*Lady Huntingfield Centre is a healthcare facility and all staff operating at this site are required to have a minimum 3 vaccinations against COVID-19*
How to apply…
Click 'Apply' below
*We are keen to fill this position immediately, if you are interested in applying don't delay as we will be reviewing applications as they are received*
Please address your covering letter to Michelle Maschio - Coordinator at Lady Huntingfield, Early Learning and Family Services
For further information about the position, please contact Michelle Maschio, Coordinator at Lady Huntingfield, Early Learning and Family Services - Michelle.Maschio@melbourne.vic.gov.au
Applications will be accepted up until 11.45pm, Tuesday 31st January 2023
For those interested in working with us, the City of Melbourne offers a great range of benefits. If you have any questions, or for more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
City of Melbourne is proud to be a workplace that champions diversity. Our commitment is for our people to be safe, included and supported so that they can be at their best. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from people regardless of their gender identity and expression, ethnicity, cultural background, sexual orientation, disability and age. We look for the right values, skills and knowledge to build our capabilities so that we can best deliver for our community.