Research Fellow - [Archived Advertisement]
Monash University (View other jobs from this organisation)
Job No.: 634413
Location: Monash Alfred Psychiatry research centre - Level 4, 607 St Kilda Road, Melbourne
Employment Type: Full-time
Duration: 12-month fixed-term appointment
Remuneration: $72,205 - $97,995 pa Level A / $103,153 - $122,495 pa Level B (plus 10% employer superannuation)
- Be inspired, every day
- Drive your own learning at one of the world’s top 80 universities
- Take your career in exciting, rewarding directions
Everyone needs a platform to launch a satisfying career. At Monash, we give you the space and support to take your career in all kinds of exciting new directions. You’ll have access to quality research, infrastructure and learning facilities, opportunities to collaborate internationally, as well as the grants you’ll need to publish your work. We’re a university full of energetic and enthusiastic minds, driven to challenge what’s expected, expand what we know, and learn from other inspiring, empowering thinkers.
An exciting opportunity has become available for a Research Fellow to join the TMS (Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation) Clinical Research Unit in the Monash Alfred Psychiatry Research Centre of the Faculty of Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences on a 12-month fixed-term basis.
In this role, you will be reporting directly to the TMS Clinical Research Unit Head, working within a brain stimulation research team, supervising junior researchers and students, preparing grant applications and manuscripts, and data analysis. You will be asked to contribute towards a range of high-level research activities and have opportunities to further develop your research expertise in the field.
This can include:
- Proactively undertake a range of research, under limited supervision, and contribute to the production of conference and seminar papers and publications from that research
- Contribute to the teaching team in relation to their research projects
- Attending meetings associated with research or work of the organisational unit to which the research is connected
- Contributing to the preparation of, or where appropriate, individual preparation of research proposal submissions to external funding bodies
This position is suited to a highly motivated individual who holds a doctoral qualification in the relevant discipline area and experience in mental health research. Sound knowledge and application of brain stimulation techniques and ICH-GCP principles are an advantage.
This role is a full-time position; however, flexible working arrangements may be negotiated.
Your application must address the selection criteria. Please refer to “How to apply for Monash Jobs”.
Mr Anthony de Castella, Manager, Monash Alfred Psychiatry Research Centre, +61 3 9076 6554
Dr Leo Chen, Head Brain Stimulation Research Team, Monash Alfred Psychiatry Research Centre, +61 3 9076 6564
For Position Descriptions and to apply, please click here.
Friday 10 June 2022, 11:55pm AEST
- Closing Date:
- 10 Jun 2022
- VIC - Melbourne
- $72,205 - $97,995 pa Level A / $103,153 - $122,495 pa Level B (plus 10% employer superannuation)
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Research Assistants and Fellowships