- Full time
- 3 year Fixed Term role
- Located at the Albury/Wodonga campus
- $100,480 - $118,659 plus up to 17% superannuation
About the position
The successful applicant will join a dynamic and high performing team within the Centre for Freshwater Ecosystems (CFE) working on modelling the impacts of hydro-climatic variability and change on the distribution and population dynamics of freshwater fish.
The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and implementing research that incorporates spatial modeling of species distributions, cost-benefit analyses associated with different management actions, and developing systematic approaches to prioritizing management actions at regional scales. The role will require expertise in aquatic ecology, species distribution modelling, R, GIS, and spatial conservation/prioritization frameworks.
Skills and Experience
To be considered for this position, you will have
- Proven experience in species distribution modelling, R programming, and GIS.
- Knowledge of aquatic ecosystems and experience working with aquatic data.
- Strong statistical and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Record of publication in peer-reviewed scientific journals
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
How to apply
Closing date: By 11:55pm Tuesday the 4th of April 2023
Position Enquiries: Nick Bond via email email@example.com
Recruitment Enquiries: Recruitment@latrobe.edu.au
Position Description below:
PD - Research Fellow - Spatial Ecologist_Ecological Modeller.pdf
Only candidates with Full Working Rights in Australia may apply for this position.