You will be responsible for driving research, development, and translation/implementation of digital health projects
- Make a real difference to rural, remote and regional health services
- Join a values-based organisational culture | Flexible Work Arrangements
- Enjoy a tropical lifestyle whilst achieving your career goals
- Academic Level B $97,856 - $115,465 + 17% superannuation
- Academic Level C $118,983 - $136,591 + 17% superannuation
Creating a brighter future for life in the Tropics and beyond, through education and research that makes a difference locally, and globally, James Cook University (JCU) is now looking to appoint a Research / Senior Research Fellow, Data interoperability. This is a full-time, fixed-term contract to 29 March 2024 and can be based at either the JCU Townsville Bebegu Yumba Campus, Douglas or the JCU Cairns Nguma-bada campus, Smithfield.
Northern Australian Regional Health Collaboration
The NARDHC, led by James Cook University with its partners CSIRO, TAAHC, Optus, NQPHN, and CRCNA, brings together key stakeholders – the health sector and digital/technology industry partners to identify health delivery challenges in regional, rural and remote northern Australia, co-design, develop and pilot-implement novel digital health solutions to address key challenges. The NARDHC project is funded under the Strategic University Reform Fund (SURF).
How you’ll make a difference
The Research / Senior Research Fellow, Data Interoperability will be the lead and primary technical contact for EHR data integration, addressing reported problems in interoperability amongst health systems. The incumbent will implement, configure, and evaluate healthcare interoperability solutions and is expected to lead development, design, and implementation planning (following industry coding standards) to develop efficient and high-quality solutions.
What you’ll bring
With a postgraduate degree in a quantitative discipline such as Computer Science, Data Science, Statistics, Mathematics, or Engineering you will have substantial knowledge and at least 3 years of experience working in application integration roles. Utilising your strong communication skills, you will engage effectively with a wide variety of stakeholders and will enjoy working in a multi-disciplinary, collaborative team as you work to deliver solutions that will improve the health and health services of those living in rural and remote locations
Why make the change to Townsville?
Bordered by the Coral Sea, the Wet Tropics and the Outback, the Townsville region has a vibrant natural landscape, rich Indigenous history and beautifully preserved Federation architecture. Located approximately 1350 kms north of Brisbane (or a 1.50hr flight) and 350 kms south of Cairns, Townsville has a strong and diverse economy in which significant industries such as health and education services, government and defence, construction and mining, prosper. Sunny days, warm waters, cool ocean breezes and a generally comfortable climate are part of what make Townsville such a popular place to live. Click here for more information on living in Townsville.
Why make the change to Cairns?
Cairns is a very special part of the world, and our residents enjoy a great way of life. Our unparalleled natural attractions, superb climate, and tropical lifestyle makes Cairns one of Australia’s most desirable places to live, visit and do business. Cairns is a friendly, safe, and sophisticated international city, alive with charm and spirit. Cairns has world-class schools and universities, health services, sporting and recreation facilities and enjoys a wonderfully diverse range of community and cultural celebrations. Click here for more information on living in Cairns
Why you’ll love working JCU?
At JCU we firmly believe that people are our most valuable asset, so we work to grow and diversify the skills, knowledge and capability of all our staff. We live by our values and deliver against our Strategic Intent in an environment that values respect, excellence and delivering a sustainable future for the people of the Tropics.
- generous superannuation scheme with up to 17% employer contributions
- ongoing professional and career development
- attractive options for salary packaging
- work and life balance with a 36.25 hour working week
- five weeks annual recreation leave with cash-out annual leave and time in lieu options
- 15 days personal leave
- Individual Flexibility Arrangements
- Fitness Passport
- Employee Assistance Program
- on-site facilities including medical, cafes, childcare and gymnasium (Townsville only)
- access to online media subscriptions
- corporate discount on health insurance
- relocation and accommodation assistance may be negotiated
What matters to us at JCU?
- Our People - Our staff, students, and the communities we serve
- Our Education - Knowledge has the power to change lives
- Our Place - the Tropics and beyond
- Our Research - a catalyst for innovation and knowledge generation
- Authenticity | Excellence | Integrity | Respect
- Our values are the qualities that define what we stand for. They capture the standards that we live by and guide the way we behave and work together.
Want to know more?
We'd love to hear from you! Click on Apply now and you will be redirected to the JCU Careers website.
Apply for Vacancy Reference Number 18354
James Cook University encourages people from all backgrounds who meet role requirements to apply. We value and celebrate the diversity of our community, and are committed to ensuring our learning and working environment is safe and welcoming