Manager, Research Partnerships
James Cook University (View other jobs from this organisation)
Manager, Research Partnerships
Provide strategic leadership and management of JCU’s research development and partnership functions to identify, shape, enable and secure opportunities.
- Enable world-class research, collaboration & partnership opportunities
- Join a values-based organisational culture | Flexible Work Arrangements
- Enjoy a tropical lifestyle whilst achieving your career goals
- HEWL 8 $97,118 - $111,524 + 17% superannuation
Creating a brighter future for life in the Tropics and beyond, through education and research that makes a difference locally, and globally, James Cook University (JCU) is looking to appoint a Manager, Research Partnerships. This full-time, continuing appointment is based at the JCU Townsville Bebegu Yumba Campus, Douglas.
How you’ll make a difference
The Manager, Research Partnership will lead a team of a high performing professionals to deliver a strategic research partnerships service that is fit for purpose, enhances collaboration, and provides appropriate partnership opportunities, ensuring performance outcomes align with university research plans. You will develop and nurture strong and positive working relationships, manage engagement and relationships with a variety of stakeholders and ensure researchers are well informed of emerging opportunities and sector developments.
What you’ll bring
- An enthusiasm and passion to join us as we further embed our global position as a world-class research university
- Experience in stakeholder engagement and management of research partnerships
- Contemporary knowledge of research sector/government policy and associated research partnership opportunities.
- Proven ability to lead and manage teams including the ability to coach, mentor and develop performance to improve service outcomes.
- High-level critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills to judge complex research partnership activities
- Proven ability to judge shifting priorities and conflicting deadlines.
Why make the change?
Bordered by the Coral Sea, the Wet Tropics and the Outback, the Townsville region has a vibrant natural landscape, rich Indigenous history and beautifully preserved Federation architecture. Located approximately 1350 kms north of Brisbane (or a 1.50hr flight) and 350 kms south of Cairns, Townsville has a strong and diverse economy in which significant industries such as health and education services, government and defence, construction and mining, prosper. Sunny days, warm waters, cool ocean breezes and a generally comfortable climate are part of what make Townsville such a popular place to live. Click here for more information on living in Townsville.
Why you’ll love working JCU?
At JCU we firmly believe that people are our most valuable asset, so we work to grow and diversify the skills, knowledge and capability of all our staff. We live by our values and deliver against our Strategic Intent in an environment that values respect, excellence and delivering a sustainable future for the people of the Tropics.
- generous superannuation scheme with up to 17% employer contributions
- ongoing professional and career development
- attractive options for salary packaging
- work and life balance with a 36.25 hour working week
- five weeks annual recreation leave with cash-out annual leave and time in lieu options
- 15 days personal leave
- Individual Flexibility Arrangements
- Fitness Passport
- Employee Assistance Program
- on-site facilities including medical, cafes, childcare and gymnasium
- access to online media subscriptions
- corporate discount on health insurance
- relocation and accommodation assistance may be negotiated
What matters to us at JCU?
- Our People - Our staff, students, and the communities we serve
- Our Education - Knowledge has the power to change lives
- Our Place – the Tropics and beyond
- Our Research – a catalyst for innovation and knowledge generation
Want to know more?
We'd love to hear from you! Apply now! To find out more about this exciting career opportunity, please visit the Careers JCU website – vacancy reference 18333
James Cook University encourages people from all backgrounds who meet role requirements to apply. We value and celebrate the diversity of our community and are committed to ensuring our learning and working environment is safe and welcoming.
|For more information go to:
|JCU is committed to equal opportunity, diversity and sustainability.|
- Closing Date:
- 02 Apr 2023
- QLD - Townsville
- $97,118 - $111,524 + 17% superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Management - Universities