Provide research grant management and administration services and activities, providing strategic advice on change implementation and best practice approaches to grant management.
- Work alongside world-leading scientists at a leading Research University
- Flexible working arrangements and generous personal, parental, and cultural leave
- Enjoy a tropical lifestyle whilst still achieving your career goals.
- HEWL 8 $97,118 - $111,524 + 17% super
James Cook University (JCU) is creating a brighter future for life in the Tropics and beyond, through education and research that makes a difference locally and globally.
We now offer an opportunity for a Manager, Research Grants to join our world-leading institution. This full-time continuing appointment is based at the JCU Townsville, Bebegu Yumba Campus in Douglas.
What You Can Accomplish in The Role
The Manager, Research Grants ensures research grants related issues and risks are identified and mitigated through the appropriate management of research applications, funding agreements and non-commercial research funding contracts. Modelling sound leadership and professional behaviour, you will guarantee research grant administration services provided to the University are contemporary and deliver high-quality client service.
What You Will Bring to The Role
With previous experience in a University setting undertaking research administration, and strategic planning, you have a proven ability to lead and manage teams including the ability to coach, mentor and, develop performance to improve service outcomes. Your high-level critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills will allow you to judge complex research grant activities and judge shifting priorities and conflicting deadlines.
Bordered by the Coral Sea, the Wet Tropics and the Outback, the Townsville region has a vibrant natural landscape, rich Indigenous history and beautifully preserved Federation architecture. Located approximately 1350 kms north of Brisbane (or a 1.50hr flight) and 350 kms south of Cairns, Townsville has a strong and diverse economy in which significant industries such as health and education services, government and defence, construction and mining, prosper. Sunny days, warm waters, cool ocean breezes and a generally comfortable climate are part of what make Townsville such a popular place to live. Click here for more information on living in Townsville.
JCU offers a culturally diverse working environment with opportunities for professional and personal growth as well as diverse career opportunities. JCU prides itself on being dedicated to teaching, learning and research that is not only of high quality, but also delivers practical benefits to the peoples and industries of the region.
We support our people through the provision of:
- generous superannuation scheme with up to 17% employer contributions
- ongoing professional and career development
- attractive options for salary packaging
- work and life balance with a 36.25-hour working week
- five weeks annual recreation leave with cash-out annual leave and time in lieu options
- 15 days of sick leave
- Individual Flexibility Arrangements
- Fitness Passport
- Employee Assistance Program
- relocation and accommodation assistance may be provided
- access to online media subscriptions
- corporate discount on health insurance
How to Apply
Please visit the Careers at JCU website and apply for vacancy 18230
For further information please contact Tina Langford on 0407 796 535 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org