Increase research partnership opportunities and collaboration, delivering upon the strategic objectives & capabilities of the University research community.
- Work alongside world-leading scientists at a leading Research University developing cutting-edge Research
- Flexible working arrangements and generous personal, parental, and cultural leave
- Enjoy actual work-life balance and a tropical lifestyle whilst still achieving your career goals.
- HEWL 7 $86,638 - $95,805 + 17% super
James Cook University (JCU) is creating a brighter future for life in the Tropics and beyond, through education and research that makes a difference locally and globally.
We now offer an opportunity for a Research Development and Partnership Advisor to join our world-leading institution. This full-time continuing appointment is based at the JCU Townsville, Bebegu Yumba Campus in Douglas.
What You Can Accomplish in The Role
The Research Development and Partnership Advisor provides comprehensive knowledge of the University’s research capability, strategic objectives, and strengths, to seek research partnerships and collaborative opportunities for researchers. In collaboration with other Advisors, you will provide strategic advice to researchers on research opportunities, competitive research funding proposals, collaborative grants involving industry partners, and strategic grant schemes, ensuring support for cross-disciplinary, large partnership opportunities and positive research outcomes for the University.
What You Will Bring to The Role
With an aptitude for exceptional communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills you will foster a culture of cross-collaboration with academic researchers, government, industry and community to provide guidance to source targeted funding and highlight collaborative opportunities.
Your demonstrated strategic thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills in relation to research activity, research guidelines, procedures and initiatives will see you succeed in this interesting and varied role supporting the research of the future.
Bordered by the Coral Sea, the Wet Tropics and the Outback, the Townsville region has a vibrant natural landscape, rich Indigenous history and beautifully preserved Federation architecture. Located approximately 1350 kms north of Brisbane (or a 1.50hr flight) and 350 kms south of Cairns, Townsville has a strong and diverse economy in which significant industries such as health and education services, government and defence, construction and mining, prosper. Sunny days, warm waters, cool ocean breezes and a generally comfortable climate are part of what make Townsville such a popular place to live. Click here for more information on living in Townsville.
JCU offers a culturally diverse working environment with opportunities for professional and personal growth as well as diverse career opportunities. JCU prides itself on being dedicated to teaching, learning and research that is not only of high quality, but also delivers practical benefits to the peoples and industries of the region.
We support our people through the provision of:
- generous superannuation scheme with up to 17% employer contributions
- ongoing professional and career development
- attractive options for salary packaging
- work and life balance with a 36.25-hour working week
- five weeks annual recreation leave with cash-out annual leave and time in lieu options
- 15 days of sick leave
- Individual Flexibility Arrangements
- Fitness Passport
- Employee Assistance Program
- relocation and accommodation assistance may be provided
- access to online media subscriptions
- corporate discount on health insurance
How to Apply
Please visit the Careers at JCU website and apply for vacancy 18229
For further information please contact Tina Langford on 0407 796 535 or via email at email@example.com