Education Officer - STEM Professionals in Bebras - [Archived Advertisement]
Education Officer - STEM Professionals in Bebras
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation
- Bring your project coordination experience in the education sector to work
- Part-time opportunity with the option to work from any CSIRO location in the capital cities
- Supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment
CSIRO Science is fundamental to the unique value proposition of CSIRO Education and Outreach (CEdO) and this opportunity as an Education Officer, STEM Professionals in Bebras will give you a chance to be a part of CSIRO’s STEM Professionals in School program leveraging your strong interpersonal, administrative, problem solving and communications skills to support a pilot project that trials a collaboration between two of CSIROs signature education programs – STEM Professionals in Schools and the Australian Bebras Computational Thinking Challenge.
What is so exciting about this role? It’s a part-time role giving you ample opportunity to balance work and personal life with the added flexibility to work from any of our CSIRO locations in Australia though Newcastle, NSW is preferred and contributing to strategic planning, program coordination and facilitating the partnership between school and industry.
If you are a self-motivated process-oriented individual with strong interpersonal, administrative, problem solving and communication skills and enjoy working in an agile environment with changing priorities then do not hesitate to apply!
Your duties will include:
- Implementing the STEM Professionals in Bebras project including contributing to the achievement of program KPIs and reporting.
- Assessing existing processes, propose and set up processes for STEM Professionals in Bebras participants, and assist in developing tools, resources, and guides to support implementation.
- Working with the Bebras team to promote the STEM Professionals in Bebras opportunity to teachers, share resources and encourage applications.
- Assessing and managing applications to the STEM Professionals in Bebras program.
- Creating partnerships between teachers and STEM professionals.
- Initiating and maintaining contact with program participants and providing tailored advice and support for partnerships, through online workshops, webinars, and professional learning sessions
Location: Any CSIRO capital cities and/or Newcastle (preferred)
Salary: AU$89k – AU$101k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term up to 15, Dec 2023/ Part-time (0.6FTE)
To be considered you will need:
- Relevant qualifications or equivalent relevant work experience in teaching, STEM or education programs.
- Demonstrated ability to grow and develop professional partnerships.
- Prior project management skills, including demonstrated experience in the coordination of program activities, resource management, and meeting objectives.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills with a proven ability to anticipate and respond to the needs of stakeholders in order to establish and maintain strong and productive relationships and networks with teachers, stakeholders, colleagues, and supervisors.
- Demonstrated experience collaborating with cross-teams to meet objectives through professional and respectful behaviours and attitudes.
- Demonstrated experience in using online tools to support education programs.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description.
Applications for this position are open to Australian/ New Zealand citizens, Australian permanent residents and/or Australian temporary residents residing in Australia with full working rights till 15, Dec 2023 with no visa sponsorship support from CSIRO.
Appointment to this role is subject to provision of a national police check and may be subject to other security/medical/character requirements.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
CSIRO is committed to values-based leadership to inspire performance and unlock the potential of our people.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
23 April 2023, 11:00pm AEDT
- Closing Date:
- 23 Apr 2023
- AU$89k – AU$101k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
- Part Time