CSIRO Postdoctoral Fellowship in Quantum Machine Learning - [Archived Advertisement]
CSIRO Postdoctoral Fellowship in Quantum Machine Learning
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation
- Do you have a PhD in Physics, Computer Science, or related areas?
- Do you want to advance your scientific knowledge & experience?
- Join CSIRO – Australia’s leading scientific research organisation!
CSIRO Early Research Career (CERC) Postdoctoral Fellowships provide opportunities to scientists and engineers who have completed their doctorate and have less than three years of relevant postdoctoral work experience. These fellowships aim to develop the next generation of future leaders of the innovation system.
This position falls within a new strategic investment into quantum technology at CSIRO called the Quantum Technologies Future Science Platform (QT-FSP). The Quantum Technologies FSP aims to establish and grow capacity in quantum technology research and development and will become a portfolio of projects that build on CSIRO’s long-standing and deep domain expertise.
The successful candidate will conduct innovative, impactful research on quantum machine learning (ML) and will contribute to the development of a quantum robotic system.
Your duties will include:
- Carrying out innovative, impactful research on quantum machine learning (ML) and quantum inspired ML to improve robotic control that will lead to novel and important scientific outcomes
- Recognising and exploiting opportunities for innovation and the generation of new theoretical perspectives, and progress opportunities for the further development or creation of new lines of research
- Utilising design thinking methodology to plan and prepare research proposals, and apply non-academic impact methodology to research projects
Location: Clayton, VIC
Salary: AU$92k - AU$101k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be considered you will need:
- A doctorate (or will shortly satisfy the requirements of a PhD) in a relevant discipline area, such as physics, computer science, or related areas. Please note: To be eligible for this role you must have no more than 3 years (or part-time equivalent) of postdoctoral research experience.
- Experience in one or some of the following areas: quantum machine learning, quantum computing, quantum algorithms.
- High level written and oral communication skills with the ability to represent the research team effectively internally and externally, including the presentation of research outcomes at national and international conferences.
For full details about this role please view the Position Description
Applications for this position are open to all candidates.
Appointment to this role is subject to provision of a national police check and may be subject to other security/medical/character requirements.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
CSIRO is committed to values-based leadership to inspire performance and unlock the potential of our people.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
30 April 2023, 11:00pm AEST/AEDT
- Closing Date:
- 30 Apr 2023
- VIC - Clayton
- AU$92k - AU$101k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
Research Assistants and Fellowships