Outreach Librarian - [Archived Advertisement]
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation
- Support research at Australia's national science agency
- Outstanding opportunities to grow & develop your career
- Flexible work arrangements!?
One of the largest science and technology libraries in Australia, CSIRO Library Services delivers innovative information services and resources to support CSIRO research. We provide the tools and training to allow staff to access and use information faster and smarter, and we are a key enabler of CSIRO research outcomes and increased citation rates. Teams work in a distributed environment to support researchers located across Australia and overseas. The library is entering an exciting phase as we begin implementation of a new two-year plan.
The Library Outreach team provides high value consultancy and training services to all areas of the organisation, maintains the publications repository, and manages our online presence. Members of the team are geographically dispersed across many of CSIRO’s sites in Australia.
The Outreach Librarian is responsible for providing professional and customer focused reference services to assigned business units, missions, and future science platforms both in person and using state-of-the-art virtual collaborative tools. You will build strong relationships with CSIRO researchers and provide both general and targeted training and current awareness services using best practice and technology.
Some lifting will be required in accordance with safe work practices. Travel may be required to other CSIRO sites within Australia.
Your duties will include:
- Work collaboratively to build strong and productive relationships with assigned business units, teams, and individual researchers.
- Provide expert reference and consultancy services in person, by phone and online using collaborative tools. Deliver a targeted current awareness service to assigned groups.
- Design and deliver effective and tailored training programs in the use of science and technology resources and services for individuals and groups.
- Communicate openly, effectively and respectfully with all staff, clients and suppliers in the interests of good business practice, collaboration and enhancement of CSIRO’s reputation.
- Adhere to the spirit and practice of CSIRO’s Code of Conduct, Health, Safety and Environment plans and policies, Diversity initiatives and Making Safety Personal goals.
- Working with the collections team to manage the library’s physical collections. Some manual handling will be required.
Location: Black Mountain, ACT
Salary: AU$89k - AU$101k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be considered you will need:
- Undergraduate or postgraduate qualification in a relevant area such as Librarianship or Information Management eligible for associate membership of ALIA, together with experience in a research or academic library.
- Track record in the delivery of high-quality customer-focused library services.
- Experience in providing relevant reference and consultancy services.
- Proficiency using information resources and tools relevant to research in science and technology.
- Excellent communication and writing skills and experience in developing guides, instructional materials and content for the web.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in Microsoft Office 365 applications (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel and SharePoint), ability produce professional reports and presentations and work with various collaborations tools (MS Teams, Webex)
- Demonstrated time management skills with delegated tasks and ability to meet deadlines, as well as proven ability to work independently and as part of a team to achieve service outcomes and key performance indicators.
Experience developing and delivering relevant training in person and online.
Ability to undertake citation, literature and patent searches and experience using bibliographic management software.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
Applications for this position are open to Australian/New Zealand Citizens, Australian Permanent Residents or you must either hold, or be able to obtain, a valid working visa for the duration of the specified term. Appointment to this role is subject to provision of a national police check and may be subject to other security/medical/character requirements.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
CSIRO is committed to values-based leadership to inspire performance and unlock the potential of our people.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter that address all essential selection criteria.
Thursday 9th of March 2023, 11:00pm AEDT
- Closing Date:
- 26 Mar 2023
- ACT - Clayton
- AU$89k - AU$101k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time