CSIRO Postdoctoral Fellowship in Machine Learning - [Archived Advertisement]
CSIRO - Data61 (View other jobs from this organisation)
CSIRO Postdoctoral Fellowship in Machine Learning
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation
- Do you have a PhD in mathematics, computer science or statistics?
- Keen to explore the possible impacts of climate change on farm businesses?
- Join the CSIRO Data61 team for this exciting 3-year postdoctoral role
CSIRO Early Research Career (CERC) Postdoctoral Fellowships provide opportunities to scientists and engineers who have completed their doctorate and have less than three years of relevant postdoctoral work experience. These fellowships aim to develop the next generation of future leaders of the innovation system.
CSIRO is spearheading a complex, multi-year portfolio of climate services research and development of tools which will help farmers, policy makers and other stakeholders to explore the possible impacts of climate change on farm businesses.
The role of the CERC Fellow will be to conduct innovative research leading to scientific achievements that are aligned with CSIRO’s strategies. The CERC Fellow be working as part of a diverse team including scientists, engineers and user experience designers to transform complex information into beneficial and enduring outcomes.
Your duties will include:
- Conducting novel research in the field of study related to machine learning, deep learning and data science.
- Setting up experiments on preparation, integration and analysis of research data.
- Assisting with the coordination of research activities and actively contributing to research outputs to meet project milestones.
- Designing, developing, deploying and maintaining structured and unstructured data pipelines on internal and cloud infrastructure.
- Creating and validating algorithms, including data cleaning, feature engineering, hyperparameter tuning, performance validation, scaling and monitoring.
Location: Eveleigh, Sydney, NSW
Salary: AU$92k - AU$101k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be considered you will need:
- A doctorate (or will shortly satisfy the requirements of a PhD) in a relevant discipline area, such as Mathematics, Computer Science and Statistics. Please note: To be eligible for this role you must have no more than 3 years (or full-time equivalent) of postdoctoral research experience.
- Demonstrated experience in conducting research related to data science, machine learning and data analytics.
- Demonstrated track record of high-quality publications and conference presentations.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team, collaborate across disciplines and build effective relationships.
- Good judgement as applied to the identification and success resolution of complex (technical and non-technical) problems and issues.
For full details about this role please view the Position Description
Applications for this position are open to Australian/New Zealand Citizens, Australian Permanent Residents and Australian temporary residents currently residing in Australia.
Appointment to this role is subject to provision of a national police check and may be subject to other security/medical/character requirements.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
CSIRO is committed to values-based leadership to inspire performance and unlock the potential of our people.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
31 March 2023, 11:00pm AEDT
- Closing Date:
- 31 Mar 2023
- NSW - Eveleigh
- AU$92k - AU$101k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
Research Assistants and Fellowships