Director Energy and Resources Institute - [Archived Advertisement]
Charles Darwin University (View other jobs from this organisation)
Full time, 5-year fixed term appointment
Casuarina Campus (or another location as required)
Provide leadership for the Energy and Resources Institute at CDU to increase our national and international profile
About the Position
As part of the Charles Darwin University (CDU) Faculty of Science and Technology, the Energy & Resources Institute (ERI) aims to be a global leader in enabling the energy and resources industry to develop and adopt carbon abatement, net-zero and sustainable solutions. The Institute is industry and impact-focused, aiming to deliver world-class capabilities to industry and communities in the Northern Territory. The Institute has state-of-the-art facilities, including the Grid Testing Facility, which is being upgraded through a $2 million SURF grant to make the Facility flexible to meet research and training needs of industry and Government for achieving their renewable energy targets. In addition, the Institute has well-equipped laboratories for analytical chemistry and for materials testing.
As the Director Energy and Resources Institute, you will refine the research strategy and expand the research and specialist training programs to increase the national and international profile of the Institute. As well as providing leadershipand developing and growing the institute you will also continue your own research program.
To be successful, you will possess:
- A doctoral degree in electrical engineering or areas related to renewable power systems from a recognised institution
- A significant track record of performing research at international standards, including demonstrated capacity to attract external research funds and publications in Q1 journals in one or more areas related to renewable energy systems
- Strong record of supervision of HDR students to completion
- A proven ability to initiate and carry out research in close collaboration with industry and government and ability in research and innovation management and business development
- A proven ability to develop courses geared towards developing job-ready graduates and for continuous professional development, particularly in the area of renewable power systems
- Demonstrated communication, interpersonal and presentation skills for effective liaison and negotiation with internal and external stakeholders. Ability to communicate effectively in written and oral forms to convey information and gain acceptance of ideas
- Ability to foster team spirit and build and maintain cooperative relationships. Ability to build and maintain goodwill and dialogue with students and associates and to recognise and respond appropriately to their needs
- Ability to demonstrate high-level leadership of a team of academics, researchers or engineers, technical and administrative staff, and the ability to contribute effectively to the strategic direction of a large, diverse organisation
- Demonstrated experience in financial control and budget management resulting in successful outcomes and high levels of accountability.
To view the responsibilities of the role please click on the: Position Profile
What’s in it for you?
- An employer who values your contribution to build a bigger, better and stronger university
- Work with a University committed to changing people’s lives for the better through training, education and research
- An enviable lifestyle within the unique and spectacular Northern Territory
- Opportunities for professional development, paid study and career progression
- Recognition of prior service with another Australian University / NT Government for Long Service Leave
- Free on-campus parking
- Employee Assistance Program
- Salary Packaging opportunities
How to Apply
All applications must be received online via this ‘APPLY’ link and should include your resume and a cover letter outlining your interest in the role and relevant skills and experience.
For a confidential discussion please contact Suresh Thennadil on +61 8 8946 6094 or email email@example.com.
Diversity and Inclusion
At CDU we actively celebrate our diversity. We innovate, embrace new ideas, and act with courage and kindness. We’re about what we can give to the world rather than what we take, and we believe in the transformative power of education. We work hard to make sure every member of our university community feels that they truly belong. Understanding that it is through our focus on our people and leveraging our differences that will make CDU the most connected university in Australia, we are striving to ensure that our culture and our community is inclusive of all our staff, students and visitors. We are committed to maintaining a culture where everyone feels respected, safe, encouraged to speak up and supported in achieving their professional goals. Applications from First Nations people, women at all levels, culturally and linguistically diverse people, people with disability, neurotypical and neurodiverse people, LGBTIQ+ people, people with family and caring responsibilities and people at all stages of their careers are welcomed.
You make CDU. And we want you to be exactly who you are.
Applications Close: Thursday 8 June 2023
- Closing Date:
- 08 Jun 2023
- NT - Casuarina
- Attractive remuneration package on offer
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Management - Universities