Asset Accountant - [Archived Advertisement]
James Cook University (View other jobs from this organisation)
Creating a brighter future for life in the Tropics and beyond, through education and research that makes a difference locally, and globally, James Cook University (JCU) is now seeking a highly skilled and experienced Asset Accountant to join our team of professionals in the Financial and Business Services Directorate. If you have a passion for strategic financial management and a keen eye for detail, this is the perfect opportunity for you!
- Full-time and continuing role
- Based at the Townsville Bebegu Yumba campus
- Hybrid work model between office and home (successful candidate must be based in Townsville or willing to relocate)
- HEWL 8: $97,118 - $111,524 per annum plus up to 17% superannuation.
WHAT YOU CAN ACHIEVE IN THE ROLE
Your contribution will ensure the University maintains a strong financial position through the delivery of professional and strategic financial and business management services, with a focus on fixed asset accounting, managing investments of surplus working capital, overseeing debtors, and monitoring collectability. Utilising your expertise, you will mitigate asset-related risk and provide contemporary asset management and accounting advice in compliance with legislation, standards, regulations and codes of practice. Additionally, you will enhance financial outcomes for the University by evaluating investment options, monitoring investment portfolios, and ensuring adequate liquidity for operational needs. Your role will extend beyond financial management as you inform decision-making across the University by delivering clear and concise data, analysis, insights, and reporting to key stakeholders. You will also drive continuous improvement initiatives to enhance policies, processes, and systems related to financial asset management.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO THE ROLE
To excel in this position, you should possess a postgraduate qualification (or be working towards one) in financial/business management, accounting, or commerce. With proven experience in asset accounting or a similar role, you have a detailed understanding and working knowledge of contemporary accounting standards, principles, and practices. You’ll also hold membership with a professional accounting body, such as Certified Practicing Accountant or Chartered Accountant. You bring a detail-oriented mindset with a focus on accuracy and attention to detail as well as high-level analytical skills to interpret complex data and financial information. Exceptional organisational and problem-solving abilities will be essential, in addition to strong communication and interpersonal skills which will enable you to develop effective working relationships and present complex information with clarity and professionalism.
JCU offers a culturally diverse working environment with opportunities for professional and personal growth. Employee wellbeing is at the core of our values, and we support our people through the provision of flexible working conditions and many other exclusive benefits including;
- A generous superannuation scheme with up to 17% employer contributions with UniSuper
- Great work/life balance with a 36.25-hour working week
- 5 weeks of annual recreation leave
- 15 days of paid sick/carers leave per year
- Flexible working options
- Attractive options for salary packaging
- Fitness Passport – affordable access to fitness facilities for yourself and family members
- Employee Assistance Program
- Ongoing professional development support
- Staff study assistance
- Access to online media subscriptions
- Corporate discount on health insurance premiums
- Well-equipped campus facilities including medical, childcare, gym and cafes.
HOW TO APPLY
Don't miss this fantastic opportunity to join our dynamic team and contribute to our world-leading University's continued growth and excellence. Visit the Careers at JCU website for further information and submit your application online, including a cover letter and resume.
Vacancy reference 18429 – applications close on 28 June at 11:59 PM AEST.
- Closing Date:
- 28 Jun 2023
- QLD - Townsville
- HEWL 8: $97,118 - $111,524 per annum plus up to 17% superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time