Victoria announces new TAFE chair appointments
The Victorian Government has announced the appointment of chairs of the state’s 14 TAFE institute boards following the unceremonious sacking of seven chairs in late March.
State Minister for Higher Education and Skills, Peter Hall, said that the appointments had been made to drive the state’s growing vocational training system.
“The Victorian Coalition Government has been working to refocus both operational and governance arrangements to ensure Victoria’s TAFE institutes are well equipped to face the challenges of an increasingly commercially competitive training market,” Mr Hall said.
“This is in line with recommendations from the independent TAFE Reform Panel, which backed the Coalition Government’s plans to establish professional skills-based boards, remake TAFE institutes’ constitutions and establish stronger commercial and strategic planning guidelines.”
The chairs are:
- Advance TAFE – Scott Rossetti
- Bendigo TAFE – Margaret O’Rourke
- Box Hill Institute – Suzanne Ewart
- Chisholm Institute – Stephen Marks
- GippsTAFE – John Mitchell
- GOTAFE – Michael Tehan
- Holmesglen Institute – Peter Lewinsky
- Kangan Institute – Michael Brown
- NMIT – John Gibbins
- South West TAFE – Mike Weise
- SuniTAFE – Leonie Burrows
- The Gordon – Brian Williamson
- William Angliss Institute – Michele Allan
- Wodonga TAFE – Tony Brandtã€€