Review of Funding for Schooling completed
The Federal Government has received the final report from the Chair of the Review of Funding for Schooling, David Gonski.
The panel received over 7000 submissions and the report is the result of 18 months of consultation and research.
The panel includes:
- Ken Boston AO, the former Director-General of the NSW Department of Education and Training;
- Kathryn Greiner AO, Chairman of Australian Hearing and former Deputy Chancellor at Bond University;
- Carmen Lawrence, Director of the Centre for the Study of Social Change, School of Psychology, University of Western Australia and former Federal Minister and Premier of WA;
- Bill Scales AO, Chancellor of Swinburne University and Chairman of the Port of Melbourne Corporation; and
- Peter Tannock AM, noted international educationalist and former Vice-Chancellor at University of Notre Dame Australia.
The Government will release the Review Panel’s report early in 2012 after the beginning of the school year. When it is released, the Government will set out the next steps in the process, including consultation with stakeholders and the community.