Coordinator Research & Evaluation
Wungening Aboriginal Corporation (View other jobs from this organisation)
Coordinator Research & Evaluation
Wungening Aboriginal Corporation (Wungening) is a progressive Aboriginal Community Controlled Organisation based in Perth. Wungening provides culturally secure alcohol and other drug programs, manages a refuge for women and children escaping family violence and an emergency relief program. Wungening also leads two large consortia of four agencies each, supporting people to reintegrate back into community after release from prison and an in-home support service aimed at keeping children safe at home. Recently Wungening has also moved into the homelessness space and is a contracted partner in the delivery of housing first services. We are governed by 100% Aboriginal Board of Directors and Chief Executive Officer and maintain at least 70% Aboriginal staff. Starting with two unfunded staff in 1989 after Aboriginal people lobbied for services that better suited their needs; Wungening is now a leading community controlled not-for-profit with nine locations and managing over 200 staff to further our vision of a healthy, safe, strong Aboriginal community.
About the role:
Coordinator Research and Evaluation
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply
In light of Wungening’s recent extensive growth, and as part of the organisation’s ongoing quality improvement processes, we are in the process of establishing mechanisms to understand how effectively the programs delivered by Wungening are delivering outcomes and meeting their intended goals; and what our impact is. To achieve this we seek to establish culturally secure research and evaluation as integrated parts of program delivery and to implement an impact measurement framework.
This position will develop ways to establish and communicate Wungening’s evidence base by coordinating the design and implementation of research and evaluation projects.
Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Relevant tertiary qualification, preferably post graduate degree in, for example, social sciences, social research, social impact measurement, evaluation etc.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of First Australian cultures and societies from a historical perspective and the issues which impact upon them in contemporary society.
- Demonstrated experience evaluating programs/services, including Aboriginal programs.
- Demonstrated ability to apply participatory action research and culturally responsive, values based empowerment evaluation processes and methods that strengthens capacity and supports cultural, social and emotional wellbeing.
- Demonstrated experience translating research findings into action, promoting and informing best practice through transfer of knowledge; and building an evidence base.
- Well-developed interpersonal communication skills and the ability to produce written and visual reports.
- Excellent computer skills including the MS Office suite.
How to Apply
Applicants are requested to provide a cover letter, address the selection criteria, and a resume including 2 current referees.
Complete application packages are available on our website and should be submitted through www.seek.com.au
Wungening Aboriginal Corporation is committed to improving employment opportunities and outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. As a measure to achieve equality and support, Section 51 of the Equal Opportunity Act 1984 (WA) will apply to this position.
Wungening Aboriginal Corporation reserves the right to appoint this position prior to the application closing date or by invitation.
- WA - Perth
- Work Type:
- Full Time