Director of Learning Support
Sydney Grammar School (View other jobs from this organisation)
Director of Learning Support
Sydney Grammar School Edgecliff Preparatory School is a thriving, academically selective, Independent School, located in Paddington in the Eastern Suburbs of Sydney.
We invite applications from experienced and dedicated individuals to co-ordinate the Learning Support programme at Edgecliff.
The Director of Learning Support is responsible for the strategic direction, leadership and management of the Learning Support Department K - 6, reporting to the Headmaster, Edgecliff Preparatory School.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement/oversee a multi-tiered model of learning support.
- Build capacity of staff to support all students, including those with additional learning needs.
- Implement Universal Screening processes to identify students with additional needs.
- Ensure the School is compliant with relevant legislation including Disability Discrimination Act (DDA) and Disability Standards for Education (DSE).
- Ensure the School is compliant with National Consistent Collection of data for students with disability (NCCD).
- Co-design Individual Learning/Adjustment and Education Plans.
- Liaise with external professionals as required.
- Liaise with parents as collaborative partners in the planning and support process.
- Facilitate small group classes for those who need additional learning support or EAL.
- Liaise with teachers to modify curriculum and assessment procedures as required.
- Maintain records and documentation related to individual education plans.
- Lead and manage the Learning Support Department team.
- Manage departmental resources within budget.
- Maintain and enhance the profile of Learning Support throughout the School.
- Develop and use effective assessment and moderation systems.
- Support teachers to achieve the best possible learning outcomes for all.
- Maintain and update the School's Learning Support Register.
- Work closely with the Director of Studies to undertake duties and responsibilities identified as within the remit of Learning Support.
- Carry out all other reasonable requests as made by the Headmaster.
Leadership and Management:
- Provide leadership, co-ordination and administrative support in the ongoing development, implementation and administration of all aspects of the Learning Support programme at Sydney Grammar School Edgecliff Preparatory School.
- Contribute to establishing the core values of the School and their practical expression.
- Be a regular participant in external and internal professional development opportunities, including IPSHA meetings.
- Provide support and guidance to teachers in the handling of day-to-day issues of instruction and implementation of IEPs.
- Work with the Director of Studies to plan and prepare for IEP meetings for staff and parents.
Skills, qualifications and personal qualities required:
- Conversant with current best practice in relevant disability areas including ADHD/ASD/SLD.
- Strong interpersonal skills - able to be a collegial advocate for boys with additional needs. An active listener who values the experience of colleagues and builds strong collegial connections.
- Experienced primary practitioner.
- NESA registered.
- Current WWCC.
- Sound knowledge of NCCD framework.
- Qualification for Special Education.
- Ability to lead by example.
- Staff management experience
- Strong organisational skills
- Strong communication skills
Please apply in writing by Monday, 19th April, 2021, attaching a covering letter which addresses the responsibilities outlined above, your curriculum vitae and the names and addresses of three referees to:
Sydney Grammar School Edgecliff Preparatory School,
Alma Street, Paddington NSW 2021.
or email to email@example.com
Sydney Grammar School is an equal opportunity employer. Persons prohibited from working with children must not apply.
- Closing Date:
- 19 Apr 2021
- NSW - Paddington
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Teaching Aides and Special Needs