Life Education Queensland is a health promotion charity and the state’s largest non-government provider of drug, health and safety education to children. We have a vision of generations of healthy young Australians living to their full potential.
We are seeking a Research and Evaluation Officer to work within our Social Impact Team.
The Research and Evaluation Officer will work within our Social Impact Team to provide professional expertise and skills in research methodology, research design, data collection, data analysis and the interpretation and presentation of research and evaluation results. This role will have the opportunity to take a significant lead in informing the development, management and reporting of agreed social impact projects.
This position is based in our office on the Gold Coast, with some requirements to travel from time to time throughout south-east Queensland, and occasionally to north Queensland and Wide Bay.
In this exciting role you will:
- Take a lead on the research, co-design and evaluation of a new program in Queensland primary schools to improve children’s social/emotional wellbeing and resilience - with a focus on bullying, respectful relationships and mental health.
- Work with Griffith University on the measurement and evaluation of the Healthy Eats program
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to evaluate the effectiveness of the work of Life Education Queensland and provide strong evidence to funders
Key Selection Criteria
To apply you must address the following selection criteria:
- Postgraduate qualifications in psychology, counselling, social work, behavioural sciences or health sciences
- Demonstrated experience in designing and conducting research/evaluation projects in either a university, clinical or organisational setting
- Strong analytical skills, with experience monitoring the quality and fidelity of research implementation
- Experience in applying screening, assessment and interviewing skills
- Highly developed communication skills, both written and verbal, especially in areas of report writing
- Excellent relationship skills and the ability to work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders to research and co-design solutions to problems
- An understanding of social-emotional learning and its role in supporting children to build and maintain positive relationships and overall wellbeing
This is a part time (3 days per week) fixed term contract until 1 July 2022.
What’s in It for You:
A great central Gold Coast office location in Mermaid Waters with free parking provided; NFP salary packaging benefits including meals and entertainment; health and welling activities including EAP and access to professional development.
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake qualification and referee checks and have a current Qld Working with Children Blue Card.
If you have a passion for working with children and improving their wellbeing, we would love to hear from you. Please send a current resume and cover letter, addressing the above selection criteria by 23 October 2020.
This close date is indicative only and Life Education Qld reserves the right to close the advertisement before this date is reached. Therefore, it is encouraged that you submit your application without delay.
Life Education Qld is a committed advocate for child protection, safety and wellbeing. We put the requirement of keeping children and young people safe at the heart of everything we do.