Community Engagement Officer, Clerk 7/8 - [Archived Advertisement]
NSW Department of Communities and Justice (View other jobs from this organisation)
Community Engagement Officer, Clerk 7/8
Department of Communities and JusticeJob description:
- Design, deliver and promote community engagement and education initiatives
- Maternity cover - 12-month temporary full-time role
- Parramatta location with flexible working arrangements available
- Clerk Grade 7/8, Salary ($97,152 – $107,541), plus employer’s contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading
The departments of Communities and Justice already share a common purpose across many areas of their work, particularly when it comes to improving outcomes for vulnerable communities. Working together for stronger communities means we can continue to deliver our services with a more unified and collaborative approach. This means a greater focus on prevention and early intervention, faster responses, more seamless operations, less duplication of effort and better outcomes.
Anti-Discrimination NSW strives to eliminate discrimination in New South Wales by resolving enquiries and complaints, raising awareness about discrimination and its impacts, and taking action to influence change.
About the role
The Community Engagement Officer role is within the Community Engagement Unit. The role involves developing and delivering community engagement activities to support the functions of Anti-Discrimination NSW and ensure we are meeting the needs of the people of NSW.
- Develop and implement a range of state-wide community engagement initiatives.
- Develop and maintain relationships with stakeholders to support the organisation’s community engagement and training activities.
- Participate in community outreach activities as required.
- Tertiary qualifications in Adult Education, community engagement or similar or equivalent experience.
- Current Driver Licence and willingness to travel..
The ideal candidate is dynamic, highly motivated and has experience working with different communities, with demonstrated ability working with multicultural and CALD communities. You will have experience:
- Developing, delivering and evaluating community engagement and/or training projects.
- Engaging with a diverse range of stakeholders including government and non-government organisations.
- Working within a legislative context.
For detailed information on the key accountabilities and capability framework, please Click here to download the role description.
Applying for the role
To apply for this role you need to submit an application online via www.iworkfor.nsw.gov.au
When applying you will need to:
1. Answer all pre-screening questions on the online application form and Answer the two pre-screening questions below – we are looking for you to demonstrate your competency in this focus capability.
- Please detail your experience in developing, delivering and evaluating community engagement programs.
- What are the most effective engagement techniques you have used to manage internal and external stakeholders? How do you network with potential stakeholders?
2. Attach a resume (maximum 5 pages) and a cover letter (maximum 2 pages) outlining how you meet the requirements and capabilities of this role as specified in the role description.
Closing date: Sunday 25 October 2020 (11:59)
A talent pool may be created for future ongoing and temporary roles and is valid for a period of up to 18 months.
The Department of Justice is committed to building a workplace that values and supports diversity and inclusion. We actively promote the employment of women, people with a disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, LGBTI and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
The Department encourages applications from people with disability and will provide reasonable adjustments in our recruitment process and in the workplace. If you need an adjustment in the recruitment process, please call or email the contact person listed below, and also advise us of your preferred method of communication.
- Closing Date:
- 25 Oct 2020
- NSW - Parramatta
- $97,152 – $107,541 + super+ leave loading
- Work Type:
- Full Time