- Morwell location.
- Full time, permanent position.
- Salary package full time equivalent up to $83-$104k pa (inclusive of base salary dependant on experience, super and salary packaging)
For over 140 years, Berry Street has adapted to a changing world, and we will continue to adapt to achieve our purpose. We believe children, young people and families should be safe, thriving and hopeful. Our Vision for 2022: Together we will courageously change lives and reimagine service systems. We look forward to working with children, young people, families, carers, staff and partners to achieve this vision. Together.
The Berry Street School is a specialist independent school consisting of four campuses based in Ballarat, Morwell, Noble Park and Shepparton. We provide a Victorian Curriculum and VCAL program for students aged 12 to 18 years who have become disengaged from mainstream education, and deliver a trauma-informed education model.
The Morwell Campus is currently seeking a Classroom Teacher to contribute to a team who support and empower our students.
- Support the implementation of the Berry Street Education Model (BSEM).
- Carry a teaching load of predominately mathematics/numeracy with other elective based classes.
- With support from the leadership team, implement the effective delivery of the education model within the campus
- Team teach and work as part of a team and contribute to ongoing curriculum development
- Attend professional development and whole school meetings as required.
- Able to work creatively to engage our young people in their education.
- Strong understanding positive education approaches that are trauma informed.
- Able to successfully work in a team environment.
- Qualified Teacher with a current Victoria Institute of Teaching registration.
- Familiarity with BSEM will be advantageous.
- Additional salary packaging available for meals/accommodation.
- Access to the Employee Assistance Program (EAP), including access for staff members’ immediate family.
- Four day per week student contact, one planning/PD day per week.
How to Apply
Applications including resume and cover letter addressing your suitability for the position to be submitted by 11pm on Sunday the 7th of June 2020.
Queries to Rebecca Robinson, Assistant Principal on (03) 5128 7980.
Please Note; the successful applicant will be subject to comprehensive reference and background checking prior to employment, including a current Victorian Institute of Teaching registration and National Police Check.
Berry Street is committed to being a child safe, child friendly and child empowering organisation. In everything we do we seek to protect children. We are committed to the cultural safety of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children; children from culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds; children with a disability; children who identify with a sexual and or gender minority identity. We aim to ensure every individual is treated with dignity and respect regardless of their cultural background, ability, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, spirituality or religion.
Aboriginal people; people from culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability are encouraged to apply.