Risk and Compliance Manager - [Archived Advertisement]
Ivanhoe Girls' Grammar School (View other jobs from this organisation)
Risk and Compliance Manager
Ivanhoe Girls’ Grammar School is an Anglican day school strongly committed to single sex education for girls. Catering for students from Early Learning Centre (Three Year Old) to Year 12 with a current total enrolment of approximately 900 students, 700 of whom are in the Senior School, Ivanhoe Girls’ Grammar School seeks to provide excellence in education within a caring Christian community and to prepare young women for a personally and professionally fulfilling life.
About the role
As a part of the Corporate Services team, the Risk & Compliance Manager plays a pivotal role in improving and overseeing risk and compliance across the School. Schools need to meet a broad range of mandated risk and compliance requirements as well as manage a wide array of day-to-day operational risks. To be effective in this environment, risk management and compliance must be undertaken consistently within a well-structured and understood framework that provides adequate transparency, oversight and action. The School looks to this role to advance and support a strong risk management, compliance and safety culture in all areas of its operation.
This role is relied upon as the School’s centre of expertise for risk and compliance matters and needs to provide the School’s Management group and Board with appropriate advice and reporting so as to ensure that requirements are understood, obligations are met and performance is clear. Whilst the Risk & Compliance Manager has definite oversight and control accountabilities, the incumbent must also be an enabling resource that assists informed decision making and supports a broad range of School activities.
The Risk & Compliance Manager will work closely with staff across the School, including the Director of Corporate Services and the Principal. There may be times when the incumbent has access to personal and/or sensitive information and they must exercise discretion and maintain a high level of confidentiality at all times.
This is a 0.6 – full time ongoing position with a requirement to work over the school term breaks.
What you bring
- Formal qualifications in Risk Management or Work Health and Safety (WHS), or significant relevant experience in a similar environment/organisation
- Practical knowledge of the Australian Standards pertaining to risk management and WHS management systems
- Demonstrated experience in developing and interpreting legislation/regulations, policies, procedures and guidelines
- Strong understanding of, and experience with, risk management standards and theory
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as highly-developed interpersonal skills with the ability to gain support from colleagues
- Effective planning and development skills, including the ability to prioritise workload and manage competing demands
- Sound problem solving skills and demonstrated attention to detail
- Advanced computer skills and excellent knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite as well as the capacity to learn and use in-house database systems
For further information and copy of a position description please visit: https://www.ivanhoegirls.vic.edu.au/ivanhoeggs/employment-opportunities
Ivanhoe Girls’ Grammar School has a zero tolerance policy for child abuse and is committed to promoting child safety, children's wellbeing and protecting children from abuse. Ministerial Order 870 requires Ivanhoe Girls’ to implement child safety standards and to accommodate and take the needs of all children (including but not limited to, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children, children from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, children with disabilities, and children who are vulnerable) into account when creating a child safe environment.
The incumbent of this role must comply with Ivanhoe Girls' Grammar School’s child safety policies and related policies and procedures (including the Code of Conduct), upholding the overarching principles and values set out and conducting themselves in accordance with the commitment to take all reasonable steps to promote the safety of children.
How to apply
Written applications should be addressed to:
Director of Corporate Services
Ivanhoe Girls’ Grammar School
123 Marshall Street
Ivanhoe VIC 3079
Email applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close: 9.00am, Friday 6 March, 2020
- Closing Date:
- 06 Mar 2020
- VIC - Ivanhoe
- Work Type:
- Part Time
Occupational Health & Safety (OH&S)