Research Officer/Clinical Psychologist - [Archived Advertisement]
Gallipoli Medical Research Foundation (View other jobs from this organisation)
Research Officer/Clinical Psychologist
The Gallipoli Medical Research Foundation (GMRF) supports the efforts of researchers to find causes, cures, and improved management of a range of psychological and physical conditions which affect the health of ex-service personnel and the greater Australian community.
The Foundation is currently seeking a highly organised Research Officer to support the GMRF veteran research initiatives.
Support the Associate Director of Mental Health Research and the Director of Research via managing and coordinating the successful delivery of health-related research studies utilising hospital and clinical data. This will be done through the following:
- Contribute to protocol development for new and existing research projects focused on veteran mental health and well-being.
- Complete human research ethics applications and regular progress reports.
- Coordinate and manage the timelines for several research projects.
- Conduct literature reviews, data collection, data analysis and write manuscripts/reports.
Communication & Liaison activities:
- Liaise with key project stakeholders, which may include hospital staff and government departments.
- Present research findings at academic conferences, if relevant.
- Present research information and findings at community forums, if relevant.
- Attend relevant stakeholder forums, meetings etc. to promote the activities of the Foundation.
- Post-graduate qualifications in Health Sciences (Masters or doctorate/PhD)
- 3 - 5 years’ experience within a similar research role
- Demonstrated experience in independently writing research study proposals, grant applications and study protocols
- Experience coordinating and working with academic research teams, clinicians and stakeholders to successfully achieve research outcomes
- Experience in human ethics applications and procedures including compliance reporting
- Effective time management and the ability to multi-task
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- PhD qualification and the ability to supervise PhD Students and provide a supportive learning environment
This position is available for 24 months initially with prospects of renewal, subject to future funding. This position is available to permanent Australian residents only.
Please contact Julieann Keyser, HR Advisor on (07) 3394 7578 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like further information about this position.
Applicants are requested to apply online through SEEK. All applicants must supply the following documents: cover letter, resume, and selection criteria responses. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Applications close 4pm on Friday 3 January 2020.
- Closing Date:
- 03 Jan 2020
- QLD - Greenslopes
- Work Type:
- Research Assistants and Fellowships