Student Health Coordinator - [Archived Advertisement]
Camberwell Grammar School (View other jobs from this organisation)
Student Health Coordinator
Camberwell Grammar School is an independent Anglican day school for boys from Pre-Preparatory to Year 12. We aim to give every boy in our care the very best possible education in order to prepare him for life beyond school.
Reporting into the Risk & Compliance Manager the School Health Coordinator attends to the health and wellbeing needs of students and staff by administering and overseeing health and first aid procedures in the School. More specifically they are responsible for the Middle and Senior School year levels and they will oversee Junior School in conjunction with the Junior School Health Coordinator.
Key areas of responsibility are:
- Health Coordination
- Medical Records
- Medical Supplies
- Policy Development and Training Program Delivery
- Other duties:
- reception cover when required
- a member of the OH&S Committee and the School's Health and Wellbeing Group (CamberWellness)
- and other duties as and when required
To be considered for this role we are looking for someone with the following:
- Work experience:
- in a similar first aid role within a School environment,
- in Paediatric Nursing, and/or
- as a Paramedic
- Sound knowledge of child safety
- Ability to demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of School nursing within a professional and ethical framework (desired)
- Exceptional administration skills
- Experience in working in an environment that involves dealing with a wide variety of people in a personable, involved manner
- Preferred qualifications:
- Bachelor of Nursing or recognised equivalent - Current Victorian Nurses Board Registration – Registered Nurse Division 1, or
- Paramedic related qualifications, or
- Level 3 First Aid / Asthma / Anaphylaxis qualifications
- Licensed Trainer – First Aid, CPR, Asthma, Anaphylaxis
- Certificate IV in Training & Assessment - preferred not essential
- Working with Children
For a full list of responsibilities and desired experience please refer to our Careers page for a copy of the position description: https://www.cgs.vic.edu.au/contact-1/career-opportunties.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a cover letter and current resume by clicking on the 'Apply for this Job' button by 11PM SUNDAY, 14 FEBRUARY 2021
Please note: the interview process may commence before the above close date - if a suitable candidate is found prior to the 14 February, the role may close early. So please apply sooner, rather than later, to ensure you don't miss out.
Camberwell Grammar School is committed to Child Safety. Candidates must be able to demonstrate an understanding of appropriate behaviours when engaging with children and young people and where appropriate be able to demonstrate experience working with children. Applicants will have the opportunity to indicate their understanding of, or any experience they have in working with children with diverse needs and/or backgrounds.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE.
- Closing Date:
- 15 Feb 2021
- VIC - Canterbury
- Work Type:
- Full Time
- Student Services/Careers Guidance