Symphonic Band and Wind Orchestra Conductor - [Archived Advertisement]
James Ruse Agricultural High School (View other jobs from this organisation)
Symphonic Band and Wind Orchestra Conductor
Start: Term 1, 2019
James Ruse Agricultural High School is a co-educational selective public school located in Carlingford. Symphonic Band and Wind Orchestra are the top and middle tier wind bands at the school consisting of students from years 8-12 who have undergone an audition at the end of the year to be placed in one of the two bands based on instrumental ability and the need to form balanced ensembles.
About the role
The successful candidate will be an experienced musician, an organised and dedicated teacher, possess good rehearsal management skills and have high student expectations. They will also be willing to work with the school administration staff and the Bands Coordinator to continue to grow the program.
Roles and Responsibilities include:
- Conduct all rehearsals for the Symphonic Band (Tuesdays 3:15 – 4:30 PM) and Wind Orchestra (Thursdays 3:15 – 4:30 PM) during the school term. The possibility of sharing the role may be an option if candidates are only available for one afternoon.
- Select and program band repertoire that that both engages and challenges students.
- Conduct all performances for the bands including evening concerts in Terms 2 and 3 as well as the annual End of Year Concert held at the Concourse in Chatswood on Mon Dec 2, 2019.
- Participate in the annual Band Camp on the first Monday evening and Tuesday daytime of Term 3.
- Maintain good communication with the school administration staff and Bands Coordinator.
- Ensure that replacement conductors are organised ahead of time in the event of absence.
- Candidates are paid at an hourly rate by the school that includes on costs including superannuation.
- Working with Children Check.
- Experience in conducting and programing repertoire for high school wind bands.
- Instrumental ability on a wind or percussion instrument.
- Tertiary qualifications in music would be beneficial.
How to apply:
Applications close Friday 11th January 2019.
Please send your resume, cover letter and the names of two referees to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Closing Date:
- 11 Feb 2019
- NSW - Carlingford
- Work Type:
- Music/Arts/Physical Education