- Strategic leadership opportunity.
- Develop strong community and global partnerships.
- Promote the University at international events.
- Full Time, Fixed Term (5 years)
- Executive remuneration package in the range of $249,285 to $311,606 p.a.
- Wagga Wagga or Port Macquarie
You will lead the Universitys strategy for community and industry engagement, international education, student mobility and strategic partnership activities. You will also have oversight of the industry, community and international engagement, facilitate and manage Charles Sturt Universitys relationships and formal agreements with international institutions and those with Australian vocational education partners, including Technical and Further Education (TAFE) Colleges.
To be successful you will have:
- A PhD or equivalent qualification and demonstrated leadership in external engagement within a university environment or equivalent
- Excellent understanding of university processes and the Australian higher education context.
- Extensive experience in the establishment and maintenance of successful International Education and/or Vocational Education and Training (VET) partnerships
- Proven ability to develop and manage effective liaison with internal and external stakeholders, including professional and regional communities, across cultures, relevant industry and public sector organisations and build partnerships and alliances to promote the University, its graduates and research
- Ability to promote consultative planning and decision making, to develop a sense of unity, cooperation and common purpose amongst staff and to support organisational and cultural change as needed
- Ability to effectively manage and develop finances, resources and infrastructure within areas of responsibility.
Charles Sturt University is a young and growing university committed to developing far-sighted people who help their communities grow and flourish. We make a significant contribution to the prosperity and vibrancy of our rural and regional communities, with a reach and impact across Australia and internationally. We work together with industry, communities and students to create new thinking, inspire each other and make a positive and progressive contribution to the world.
Office of the Pro Vice-Chancellor, Community and Global Engagement
Charles Sturt University has a critical role in building strong, vibrant regional communities with intellectual capital, social capital and infrastructure. We offer choice and flexibility to students and work hand-in-hand with our industries and communities in teaching, research and engagement. Growing from our historical roots, we share our knowledge and expertise as a significant regional export industry and we bring strength and learning from this back to our regions.
Charles Sturt University aims to achieve recognition of the University as an anchor institution in its communities; recognised as an agent of change through impactful solution-driven research, locally, nationally and internationally. The Deputy Vice-Chancellor, Research and Engagement (DVCRE) portfolio is integral to the delivery of initiatives within the Our Communities Focus Area of the Charles Sturt University Strategy. The strategy also focuses on creating social and economic value from our campus network.
CSU offers a great work-life balance, professional development opportunities and generous financial benefits.
Charles Sturt University is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. Applications are encouraged from Indigenous Australians; people with a disability; women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles); people who identify as LGBTIQ; and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Applicants are expected to apply online and address the selection criteria in the position description. If you experience difficulties applying online or for further information on completing the application process please visit our how to apply page or contact us.
Additional information is available in the position description or by contacting:
Professor Heather Cavanagh | Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research and Engagement) | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Ph: 02 6582 9375
Closing Date: 11 pm, 4 August 2019