- Passionate about teaching regional students?
- Special focus on head and neck anatomy and imaging anatomy
- Great regional location and relocation assistance available
- Continuing, Full Time
- AU$115,617 to AU$133,238 p.a. (plus 17% superannuation)
As Senior Lecturer in Head and Neck Anatomy, you will actively engage in teaching, research and curriculum development in the School of Dentistry and Health Sciences, with a special focus on head and neck anatomy and imaging anatomy.
You will provide academic leadership for the Bachelor of Dental Science course and the Bachelor of Oral Health course, as well as contribute to curriculum and subject content development. Principal teaching duties will relate to approximately 60% emphasis on the Bachelor of Dental Science and the other 40% emphasis on the Bachelor of Oral Health course, but some preclinical or diagnostic science subject teaching duties may be required. Occasional travel among campuses to conduct teaching or research is required.
As well as teaching into the relevant programs you will also carry out research and contribute to/lead subject administration. It will be expected that multiple teaching methods (face to face and online delivery) are utilised. To be successful you will have:
- Demonstrated evidence of completion of a PhD degree relevant to human anatomy, oral embryology or forensic dentistry;
- A record of significant achievement relevant to head and neck anatomy, and at a national level, in the scholarship of teaching and/or research or professional activity;
- Demonstrated experience in delivering lectures and laboratory tutorials for human anatomy in a tertiary education institution; and
- Demonstrated evidence of leadership in an academic and/or clinical setting.
Charles Sturt University is a young and growing university committed to developing far-sighted people who help their communities grow and flourish. We make a significant contribution to the prosperity and vibrancy of our rural and regional communities, with a reach and impact across Australia and internationally. We work together with industry, communities and students to create new thinking, inspire each other and make a positive and progressive contribution to the world. The Faculty of Science
delivers flexible, innovative teaching programs
which provide graduates with the skills and knowledge to build a career, advance their profession and contribute to their community. We currently have more than 9000 students and over 500 staff dedicated to advancing scientific knowledge.
We are a leader in strategic and applied research
in a wide array of sciences. We enhance and extend knowledge, train and educate future researchers and provide scientific solutions to current challenges. We achieve this through ethical practice, professional collaborations, industry involvement and a commitment to continual improvement.
We also provide a range of health and other services to our regional communities through our enterprise
activities. The School of Dentistry and Health Sciences
is a multi-campus, academic unit. The School offers a suite of undergraduate and postgraduate courses both onshore and offshore in a range of health disciplines including dentistry, oral health therapy, and medical radiation science.
The School is committed to enhancing its reputation as a high performing multidisciplinary unit and seeks academics focused on providing quality education and being actively involved in the development of health professional education and health-based research programs that complement these courses.
CSU offers a great work-life balance, professional development opportunities and generous financial benefits.
Charles Sturt University is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. Applications are encouraged from Indigenous Australians; people with a disability; women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles); people who identify as LGBTIQ; and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds. Application Requirements
Applicants are expected to apply online and address the selection criteria in the position description. If you experience difficulties applying online or for further information on completing the application process please visit our how to apply
page or contact us
. Further Information
Additional information is available in the position description
or by contacting:
Professor Boyen Huang | Head, School of Dentistry and Health Sciences | email: HoS-SDHS@csu.edu.au
| Ph: (02) 6365 7251 Closing Date: 11pm, 01 July 2019